Full-featured Joomla chat component and module, which can be used as standalone shoutbox or IP.Shoutbox mirror. Create chat rooms, upload files, install multiple chat modules, tons of options! Definitely the best Joomla chat extension for now, not doubts.
Flexible template with full support of mobile devices and easy styling via CSS. Tons of different options, customizable editor buttons, rich permission set. Unlimited categories, unlimited modules, unlimited members in chat. Images and videos automatically replaced with lightbox and player. Supports social components like JomSocial, CommunityBuilder etc. Smileys, likes, archive, flood control, file uploading and much, much more.
Compatibility: Joomla 3.0+
Current version: 2.9.5
Why Smart Shoutbox?
You can see the component demonstration on main Shoutbox page and module in footer of any other page.
To see the backend demo of click the button below and login (username: demo, password: demo).
All plugins require an active Smart Shoutbox license. If you have an active license, please, login to buy or download the desired plugin.
If you can't find desired plugin in the list, send us a request, and we will create it for you!
Adds predefined shouts from particular user to database, which will be later displayed in shoutbox as normal shouts.
Current version: 2.7.0
Can be used as an alternative to cron service. Do NOT use this plugin, if you have cron service on your server!
Current version: 2.9.2
3.0.0 (Upcoming release)
- IPS Shoutbox support completely replaced with Joomla external database. Farewell, old friend!
- A lot of options were removed, renamed or added. Update your settings after upgrade!
- Shout text is now saved as is and all parsing is made on display. Only basic cleaning is made on save.
- Archive functionality replaced by Filters, which are only available on Chat page.
- Reworked layout with more space for everything: message, name, buttons.
- Shout input field replaced with textarea, which can be resized automatically or manually.
- Full RTL (right-to-left) support for applicable languages.
- Events support for custom layout and functionality (see details below).
- Custom text parsers and filtering support via plugins. Words Filter is added via plugin as an example.
- Custom window buttons support via plugins. Chat Button is added via plugin as an example.
- Custom columns support via plugins. Reply Column is added via plugin as an example.
- Scrollbar for smileys tooltip, which is now smaller and shows only first few smileys at once, not all of them.
- Icon option for categories to display Font Awesome icon near the title.
- Ordering option for categories to sort them in the shoutbox on front-end.
- Categories can now be made available to selected user groups only.
- Improved IP-address detection.
- Submit With option to select, how you want to submit shouts: with Enter or Ctrl + Enter.
- Show Filters option for Archive to show or hide search filters.
- Support for K2 Users in User Profiles option.
- Submit With option to submit shouts with ENTER or CTRL + ENTER.
- Feedback option to limit shoutbox system messages display.
- Custom limit and ordering options via Filters. When set on Chat page will work for all module instances as well.
- Descending shout ordering is not working on refresh.
- Non-Latin characters are saved as entities in database, which returns improper search results.
- Submitted links with non-Latin characters are cut in the middle.
- Delete Own permission is not checked properly, when deleting multiple shouts at once.
- Last shout is not updated, when deleting multiple shouts.
- Video and image links are not shortened, if URL shortener is defined.
- Uploaded files are not attached, when editing shout on front-end.
- Shout length is not checked, when editing shout on front-end.
- HTML shouts are truncated improperly (tag structure may become broken).
- Likes are not deleted, when old shouts removed via cron.
- Check, if current user is banned, sometimes returns improper result.
- Category tabs are not displayed properly, when window was previously resized and category menu clicked.
- Some options are now per shoutbox instance: displayed shouts, window height, announcement, categories and more.
- Removed confirmation dialog window, all actions with shouts were simplified.
- Autoshouter plugin now has a nice editor and user selection dropdown field for easier setup.
- Smileys tooltip is now smaller, displays only first few smileys and scrollable.
- Date format options replaced with language strings.
- Attachments option minimum value is now 1 and excluded from all checks.
- Old smiley sets removed, two new sets added: new default and flat smileys.
- Banning action is now available only for registered users regardless the permissions for Public or Guest groups.
- Improved link parsing algorithm with better output.
- Improved word filtering algorithm with white list to avoid filtering of nice words.
- Improved feedback with additional messages.
- Improved workflow with multiple shoutbox instances on one page.
- Better functionality and layout on mobile devices.
- A lot of language strings were changed, removed or added. Don't forget to update your localization!
- Greatly optimized code.
- Countless minor bug fixes and improvements.
- All jQuery plugins were updated to the their latest versions.
- ADDED: Scroll Top option to turn on/off scrolling to the top of the window after submitted shout.
- ADDED: rel="noopener noreferrer" attribute to all external links for increased security.
- ADDED: Support for Joomla Update system.
- FIXED: Shout input field not displayed on page reload, when window width is too small.
- FIXED: All non-active categories sometimes highlighted on refresh, when one of them has new shouts.
- FIXED: Extension's version is checked on every page in admin (should be only checked on Home).
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- ADDED: Allow Duplicates option to allow or restrict users from adding the same shouts successively.
- ADDED: Avoid Flood Control option to disable shouting interval for certain user groups.
- FIXED: Uploaded files are being uploaded with every shout until page is reloaded.
- FIXED: When shout is added, timer is not reset in case of any error.
- ADDED: Combine Shouts option to combine consequent shouts from the same user.
- ADDED: Archive Ordering option to define shout ordering in archive separately from chat.
- FIXED: Announcement with quotes and apostrophes produces an error.
- FIXED: Mobile Width set in percent produces an error.
- FIXED: Ascending shout order is double reversed and displayed incorrectly.
- Added a workaround for shouts, assigned to deleted users.
- Minor improvements.
- Improved admin interface with several new options. Go to Options, check and save them after update!
- ADDED: Cron plugin to execute cron task, when cron service is not available.
- ADDED: Short Date Format option to set date format for mobile/sidebar layout.
- ADDED: Send Report option to send cron job report to admin email.
- FIXED: Shouts between submitted and latest shout for current member not displayed until refresh.
- FIXED: On global chat page editor is not replaced with input in mobile/sidebar layout.
- FIXED: Kunena avatar not properly displayed.
- FIXED: All editor buttons are always displayed, no matter the settings.
- FIXED: Some language strings are not properly displayed on front-end.
- FIXED: Attached Files section duplicated on shout edit.
- FIXED: Shout list is empty, when catid parameter in URL is present and doesn't belong to Smart Shoutbox.
- FIXED: Smileys and attachments are not properly processed in shout list on back-end.
- Some language strings were removed, added or changed.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- ADDED: Manage Options permission to allow or deny change and save extension's settings.
- ADDED: Autoscan for smileys on fresh installation of Smart Shoutbox.
- FIXED: Smiley saving is not working properly.
- FIXED: Menu link search generates error, when Joomla, Community Builder or Kunena selected.
- Upgrade strings resorted to ensure smooth upgrades in the future.
- Slightly improved admin UI.
We removed Joomla 2.5 support once and for all. Joomla 2.5 is a VERY old framework and not supported even by its developers. If you want to upgrade Smart Shoutbox and use its great new features, you should update your Joomla to the latest version.
This is the last version, that still supports IP.Shoutbox. In version 3.0 it'll be replaced with external database feature, which will allow you to use Smart Shoutbox across multiple sites. However you will be able to import all your IP.Shoutbox shouts and migrate to Smart Shoutbox.
In the next major release we're going to optimize the code and even rewrite it, if needed. Version 3.0 will be lighter, faster and more stable. All operations will be executed in a more simple way to ensure 100% functionality in most environments. We will also try to improve mobile template and add some related settings for seamless work on all mobile devices.
And, of course, a long promised External Database support will be added for cross-site chatting. Another great feature to come — import from other chatting extensions and not only for Joomla.
If you have any issues with Smart Shoutbox or ideas you want to share, this is the time to write us!
- New slick admin UI. Some options added some changed. Open your settings and update!
- All permission names changed. You MUST set them again after upgrade!
- Debug optionto trace issues with shouts.
- Filter Words option to define a list of bad words, you want to hide in shouts.
- Word Mask option to replace bad words with defined mask.
- Columns selection options for categories, shouts, banned users and smileys lists.
- You can now change category creation date on category editing page.
- Window Height option in extension and module settings to define shout window height for global chat and each module separately.
- Maximum Width option to define maximum width for mobile template.
- Shouts with not closed tags or special characters displayed as empty due to error.
- Names still generated, when Generate Names option is set to No.
- Categories and Shouts are not properly opened by Edit button.
- First shout not displayed after submit, if no categories created.
- Path to avatar is incomplete sometimes and image not displayed.
- Uncategorized shouts are not displayed in the module, if other categories exist.
- Smiley title improperly processed, producing broken HTML.
- Category ID is not passed on refresh.
- Embedded videos become broken, when shout is edited.
- Images displayed in original size and don't use lightbox on back-end.
- Files with non-Latin names uploaded incorrectly.
- Slightly improved mobile/sidebar template.
- Improved Smileys page on back-end with new Scan option, searching and sorting functionality.
- System messages now displayed above shouts list and more mobile friendly.
- External plugins and libraries updated to their latest versions (where applicable).
- Some language stings changed or added.
- A lot of minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Completely new extension concept: now it's a component with lots of options, not just a module.
- Initial release as a simple module, which mirrored IP.Shoutbox contents to Joomla.