Allows your visitors to login with their IPS Community Suite (IP.Board) credentials. After first successful login a new Joomla user will be created and all available profile data will be taken from forum database.
Allows to login with forum username, email or both, imports profile data on first login. Follows Joomla account activation rules and respects all latest authentication changes. Checks, whether user was banned on forum and blocks him in Joomla.
Compatibility: Joomla 3.0+, IPS Community Suite 4.0+
Current version: 2.5.0
To see the backend demo of click the button below and login (username: demo, password: demo).
- Extension renamed to IPS Community Suite Login, file name changed. Uninstall previous version before upgrade!
- ADDED: License check.
- ADDED: Support for Joomla Update system.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Joomla 2.5 support removed.
- IP.Board 3 support removed.
- Database Driver option removed.
- Improved error handling.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Improved IP.Board version check to avoid errors, when settings are wrong.
- FIXED: Member is not properly checked for ban state on IPS 4.0.
- Minor improvements.
- FIXED: Incorrect password check on IPS 4.0.
- FIXED: Undefined index members_display_name error on IPS 4.0.
- Extension is now fully compatible with IPS Community Suite 4.0 (former IP Board).
- Minor code optimization.
- Completely new, more reliable and secure login and registration algorithm.
- Simplified setup of JomSocial and IP.Board profile connections.
- Added extra security checks.
- Completely new extension concept.
- Initial release.
Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Install page, upload distribution package you've previously downloaded and click Install. Before you enable extension you must setup it first.
For plugins: Go to Extensions -> Plugins, find the desired plugin and open its settings. Setup accordingly and only then enable.
For modules: Go to Extensions -> Modules, find the desired module and open its settings. Setup accordingly and only then enable.
For components: Hover your mouse over Components menu item, find the desired component and go to Options page. Setup everything accordingly and don't forget to check Permissions tab.
When enabled, this plugin allows your visitors to login with their IP.Board username (or email) and password. If a visitor already has Joomla account, he will be able to use his username/password combinations from Joomla and from IP.Board equally. Plugin will just check if his IP.Board credentials valid and, if a user with the same email exists in Joomla, will allow to login. For non-existing users a new account will be created.
Updating JomSocial profile
To update new user's JomSocial profile you have to setup IP.Board - JomSocial connections first. Enable Use JomSocial in plugin settings, then select JomSocial and IP.Board fields from the lists correspondingly: Gender - Gender, Website - Website, etc.
- Number of selected fields must be equal in both lists, otherwise no syncing will occur.
- Fields settings must be equal on both sides or you'll end with wrong info on JomSocial profiles. For example, default gender field for IP.Board contains "m" and "f", but JomSocial has "male" and "female".
A couple things you should know:
- There's no password syncing, but it doesn't actually matter, because user will be able to login, if either his Joomla or IP.Board password is good.
- There's no regular syncing of user profile. JomSocial and IP.Board profiles will be synced only once, when forum member authenticates in Joomla for the first time.
- If there's a user in your Joomla or IP.Board database, who have his username equal to email used as a login and this email is already registered, authentication will be cancelled and error message displayed.
- Members banned on forum will not be able to login into Joomla with their credentials. Ever.