Search Content Advanced reached another level of greatness. Instead of having a couple fields to search in you can now fully customize your search. For example, you can limit it by article title and text, category title, author name and email. There're over 15 fields to select from, which allows you to search by almost any available article data!
Each field can also be displayed as search area on front-end. This will give your visitors more control over searching process.
We also optimized and improved search query to increase relevancy of the results and make performance better on large databases.
NOTE: Some option names were changed, new options added. Don't forget to open settings, check them and save!
- Search Fields option to select multiple article, category and author fields to search in.
- Search Areas option to allow users to search only in selected fields on front-end.
- Delimiter option to define delimiter between area and article category.
- Link Target option to define, how do you want to open links: in the same (Self) or new (Blank) window.
- Show Parent and Show Category options to hide or display parent area and category name as title or title with link.
- Custom Parent option to define custom name for parent area.
- New properties for customization of search results template (see the documentation).
- Archived articles now have direct links to them instead of links to article's month.
- Search now includes a user, who last modified the article.
- Users search is now properly limited to actual authors (users, who created or modified any article at least once).
- Optimized, more stable and fast database query to ensure best performance on large databases and different environments.
- Some language strings were removed, changed or added.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Greatly improved searching algorithm and Joomla 3 support added.