A great replacement for standard Сontent Search plugin. Allows you to fully customize searching process: exclude or include categories and articles, limit search results by archived or featured articles, search in titles, author names, aliases and much more.
Greatly improved and simplified searching algorithm, comparing to standard Search Content plugin. Can search in almost any article field: text, category, author, title, meta keywords or description and more. Display article image as thumbnail in search results, exclude or include categories and articles, and a lot more.
Compatibility: Joomla 3.0+
Current version: 3.1.2
NOTE: This plugin will work with standard Search only! For Smart Search you need Smart Search Content Pro plugin.
Full list of features
- Exclude from search or include only selected categories and articles.
- Select desired search areas and content fields to search in.
- Hide or display archived, featured and tag areas.
- Make search case sensitive.
- Create and display article thumb from assigned image.
- Hide or display parent and article category as text or link.
- Expand search to articles tags.
- Greatly optimized code for faster searching.
Try to search for any relevant keywords on our site (e.g.: "shoutbox"). You'll get customized results, some with thumbnails.
To see the backend demo of click the button below and login (username: demo, password: demo).
- FIXED: SQL error, when searching in archived, featured or tags areas.
- FIXED: Language string is missing for Articles placeholder.
- Minor improvements.
- ADDED: Search in Tags option to enable searching in tags.
- ADDED: Article Tags search area to display on results page.
- ADDED: Article Images and Captions field and search area.
- ADDED: Category Image and Caption field and search area.
- FIXED: Category meta not checked for tags.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Extension renamed to Search Content Pro, file name changed. Remove old version after upgrade!
- ADDED: License check.
- ADDED: Support for Joomla Update system.
Search Content Advanced reached another level of greatness. Instead of having a couple fields to search in you can now fully customize your search. For example, you can limit it by article title and text, category title, author name and email. There're over 15 fields to select from, which allows you to search by almost any available article data!
Each field can also be displayed as search area on front-end. This will give your visitors more control over searching process.
We also optimized and improved search query to increase relevancy of the results and make performance better on large databases.
NOTE: Some option names were changed, new options added. Don't forget to open settings, check them and save!
- Search Fields option to select multiple article, category and author fields to search in.
- Search Areas option to allow users to search only in selected fields on front-end.
- Delimiter option to define delimiter between area and article category.
- Link Target option to define, how do you want to open links: in the same (Self) or new (Blank) window.
- Show Parent and Show Category options to hide or display parent area and category name as title or title with link.
- Custom Parent option to define custom name for parent area.
- New properties for customization of search results template (see the documentation).
- Archived articles now have direct links to them instead of links to article's month.
- Search now includes a user, who last modified the article.
- Users search is now properly limited to actual authors (users, who created or modified any article at least once).
- Optimized, more stable and fast database query to ensure best performance on large databases and different environments.
- Some language strings were removed, changed or added.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Greatly improved searching algorithm and Joomla 3 support added.
- Initial release.