We've changed a few global things in events and content plugins. After update of the main component previous versions of content plugins will completely stop working. You MUST uninstall previous version of every content plugin and the install the new one!
- Event names and plugin folder have changed. All content plugins must be updated!
- Cron link changed. Don't forget to update your cron job!
- ADDED: Post Limit option for Twitter.
- ADDED: Link to target both in Report and Journal.
- ADDED: Total number of warning in report.
- ADDED: Support for Joomla Update System.
- CHANGED: Image link is excluded from calculation of Twitter post length according to recent API changes.
- FIXED: Server protocol is not properly defined, HTTP always returned.
- FIXED: Pre-title and pre-post text are not added to post.
- FIXED: Absolute links in articles are not properly parsed.
- FIXED: Total number of errors not properly calculated in report.
- Reworked admin UI with new homepage, increased stability and optimized code.
- Some language strings removed, changed or added.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
- FIXED: Error message not properly displayed, when LinkedIn token expires.
- FIXED: Error message not properly displayed, when Odnoklassniki user fetching error is returned.
- FIXED: Token expiry date not properly updated for Facebook and Odnoklassniki.
- ADDED: Sources dropdown list on Journal page to filter entries by source.
- ADDED: Post ID in crossposting report and in Journal now also has direct link to post.
- FIXED: Post limit not calculated properly for most networks.
- Ohanah support plugin now compatible with Ohanah 3.0.
- Week days and months in date format now follow site's language.
- Slightly improved admin interface.
- Some language strings changed, some added.
- Minor improvements.
- FIXED: Images are not properly posted on Twitter, if image file is local and server restrictions applied.
- FIXED: Images are not properly posted on Facebook user pages, groups and events, when Add Link option is turned off.
- FIXED: Undefined index "link" error in K2 support plugin.
This is a major update. You will have to setup everything from the scratch, excluding social network applications. We highly recommend you to remove previous version and all installed plugins and do a clean installation of the new one. It is possible to upgrade without uninstalling previous version, but in this case you'll have to manually reset all options. Go to Social Crossposting -> Options, click Reset button and then Save. Now you can process with extension's setup.
We removed Joomla 2.5 support once and for all. Joomla 2.5 is a VERY old framework and not supported even by its developers. If you want to upgrade Social Crossposting and use its new features, you should update your Joomla to the latest version.
We carefully inspected communication flows with APIs of all networks to make sure everything works as expected and error messages are properly processed. Social Crossposting now uses latest API versions, a lot of things were changed and improved. We even added workarounds for some known "permanent" issues with APIs to ensure seamless crossposting.
In short, every single aspect was reworked and improved. Crossposting is now faster, more stable and almost fail safe!
All content plugins were updated to support latest changes. Plugins now use native component's router (if any) to generate better links to items. You MUST update every content support plugin you own, otherwise crossposting will stop working.
We will continue monitoring other social networks for posting availability and add them, if they have one. Currently we're planning to add XING (may never happen due to their crazy restrictions), Pinterest and Mail.ru (user feed only).
If you want any particular network to be added to the list, just send us an email and will add it, if possible!
- New slick admin UI with lots of new options. NOTE: All your settings will be lost after upgrade!
- Cron link changed. Don't forget to update your cron command after update!
- Item tags can now be added to the end of the post as tags or hashtags.
- Item title can now be added to Facebook, LinkedIn, VKontakte and Odnoklassniki posts.
- Greatly improved and standardized error handling to provide more detailed report.
- A lot of bugs fixed, mostly related to posting items with images and API updates.
- Improved API requests and error handling.
- Improved journal searching and filtering.
- Cron and Insert Marker plugin were removed from original package. You need to download them from our site manually.
- Many language strings were changed, removed or added.
- A lot of minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Absolutely new extension concept: now it's not just plugin, but a component with a lot of features, new networks and plugin support system.
- Completely reworked version of initial plugin.