The Krotek Support Forum
radosc

Smartbox 3.0 - some issues

Hello The Krotek

I have installed new version on test site and I have so issues:

I attached screen shot to show how I can see:

1) I put link but it's not cklickable. I don't have idea how to solve it.

2) I dont want to give my users the option to change their nicks. I want them to use their own joomla usernames only. How can I block it.

3) I can see editor but as it is showed at the screen shot. I think something is wrong

4) There is in admin panel a field with licence key. Does it mean when my subscription seas then shoutbox will stop working?

5) I haven't found history button. Where is it?

For now it is all.

With best wishes

Radek

shout.gif

Hello again

I solved 2 problems so I think this module is grate.

AD.2 I can change username only when I'm logged in as superuser (I have rights to it). It's grate because in previous version I had to relogin. now I can just simply change my username.

AD. 3.

In editor buttons I found how to put the link. Unfortunatelly I can't see editor buttons :-/

a) Is it possible to put clickable link without using editor button? In this option I find too many fields so I'm sure my older customers won't know how to use it.

There are: URL, Title, Text, Target.

When I put link only in URL field then nothing appears. When I put link i TITLE or TEXT field then info appears that URL is requied (grate but it should appears when you forget to put something in TEXT field)

) I want to remove customer thumbs but I don't know how.

Radek

7 hours ago, radosc said:

1) I put link but it's not cklickable. I don't have idea how to solve it.

You need to install Link Parser plugin.

2) I dont want to give my users the option to change their nicks. I want them to use their own joomla usernames only. How can I block it.

This part hasn't changed and you simply need to setup permissions for desired user groups.

3) I can see editor but as it is showed at the screen shot. I think something is wrong

Icons are not loaded somehow. Where can I see this?

4) There is in admin panel a field with licence key. Does it mean when my subscription seas then shoutbox will stop working?

No, it won't. But you will not be able to download upgrades or receive support.

5) I haven't found history button. Where is it?

What's history button? If you mean archive, it was combined with chat page and replaced with filters. I pointed this out in change log. Filters work similar to archive, but provide better workflow and results.

11 hours ago, The Krotek said:

Icons are not loaded somehow. Where can I see this?

I have emailed you account details to check it.

What's history button? If you mean archive, it was combined with chat page and replaced with filters. I pointed this out in change log. Filters work similar to archive, but provide better workflow and results.

Sorry I have a problem with finding filters. Where are they because I can't see them. Meybe it is because of lack of images in editor.

You need to install Link Parser plugin.

Yea. I have installed plugin and it works perfectly.

radek

1 hour ago, radosc said:

Sorry I have a problem with finding filters. Where are they because I can't see them. Meybe it is because of lack of images in editor.

They're in menu item settings. Assign a menu item to Chat Page and you will see additional options out there. Similar to modules, but now filters will be available as well.

Hello again

Again I tried to set your new component and modules on my site without success. 

1) Last time you advised me to look for css which overwrite trumbowyg styles (I can't see icons in editor). I can't find solution. Should I look for template css, editor?

2) I put a menu with COM_SMARTSHOUTBOX_ARCHIVE under a chat (to me is a strange method because I have to put 2 modules at ones: chat and archive module) I get error "0 - Call to a member function get() on null" 

details:

RuposTel OPC plugin detected a problem with your site.
Your site caused a blank screen upon a visit of this URL:
https://e-dziewiarka.pl:443/qwerty/index.php?option=com_smartshoutbox&task=getshouts
Error message data:
64 require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/admin/domains/e-dziewiarka.pl/public_html/qwerty/components/SHCOMPONENT/models/main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php70/lib/php') in file: /home/admin/domains/e-dziewiarka.pl/public_html/qwerty/components/com_smartshoutbox/controller.php line: 25 timestamp: 2017-08-24T14:04:28+00:00

joomla 3.5.7

php 7.0.12

MySql     5.5.36

Radek

32 minutes ago, radosc said:

1) Last time you advised me to look for css which overwrite trumbowyg styles (I can't see icons in editor). I can't find solution. Should I look for template css, editor?

You need to override your template/3rd party extension styles. It's a simple CSS editing job. For example, you can add :not([class*='trumbowyg']) to conflicting CSS definitions. You can find conflicting definitions with object inspector of your browser.

34 minutes ago, radosc said:

2) I put a menu with COM_SMARTSHOUTBOX_ARCHIVE under a chat (to me is a strange method because I have to put 2 modules at ones: chat and archive module) I get error "0 - Call to a member function get() on null" 

There's no COM_SMARTSHOUTBOX_ARCHIVE menu in 3.0. Archive was completely removed, you still have traces of old version and this is why issue #2 happens. Delete Smart Shoutbox files from your hard drive COMPLETELY, both from site and admin. Or compare contents of previous installation and new packages and remove only files, that don't exist in 3.0. Then clean every possible cache you may find. And only then install it again.

17 hours ago, The Krotek said:

You need to override your template/3rd party extension styles. It's a simple CSS editing job. For example, you can add :not([class*='trumbowyg']) to conflicting CSS definitions. You can find conflicting definitions with object inspector of your browser.

You are for sure an expert but I have only basic knowledge of PHP and CSS. I spent many hours and haven't found any CSS classes which overwriten "trumbowyg" class. All classes come from smart shoutbox component. Could you only take a look for my test website? https://www.e-dziewiarka.pl/qwerty/

17 hours ago, The Krotek said:

There's no COM_SMARTSHOUTBOX_ARCHIVE menu in 3.0. Archive was completely removed, you still have traces of old version and this is why issue #2 happens. Delete Smart Shoutbox files from your hard drive COMPLETELY, both from site and admin. Or compare contents of previous installation and new packages and remove only files, that don't exist in 3.0. Then clean every possible cache you may find. And only then install it again.

I had to remove all smart_shoutbox tables from MySql and the problem was solved.

19 minutes ago, radosc said:

You are for sure an expert but I have only basic knowledge of PHP and CSS. I spent many hours and haven't found any CSS classes which overwriten "trumbowyg" class. All classes come from smart shoutbox component. Could you only take a look for my test website? https://www.e-dziewiarka.pl/qwerty/

It's absolutely not related to PHP, it's a strictly CSS issue. Your template or one of the extensions come with CSS definitions, which override editor's styles. If buttons are not OK, then most likely it's related to "btn" class. If you're not comfortable with adding :not pseudo-class, you can simply add !important to your definitions. Any CSS technique you're experienced with will do the job.

Unfortunately, CSS is the only thing I don't provide support for and even stated this on Support page. Anything, except CSS, template related issues and layout. Sorry for that.

26 minutes ago, radosc said:

I had to remove all smart_shoutbox tables from MySql and the problem was solved.

Your error had absolutely zero relation to database tables. It was related to one of the files on your hard drive - it was a file from older version, which requested a non-existing function. Tables are upgraded properly from 2.9.5 to 3.0, I tested it multiple times. But old files should be removed manually or old menu/module reassigned completely. This is actually the basics of Joomla management.

1 hour ago, The Krotek said:

It's absolutely not related to PHP, it's a strictly CSS issue. Your template or one of the extensions come with CSS definitions, which override editor's styles. If buttons are not OK, then most likely it's related to "btn" class. If you're not comfortable with adding :not pseudo-class, you can simply add !important to your definitions. Any CSS technique you're experienced with will do the job.

Ok, I will try, but I'm not sure if it is related to CSS so I wanted you only to check in browser inspector.

1 hour ago, The Krotek said:

Your error had absolutely zero relation to database tables. It was related to one of the files on your hard drive - it was a file from older version, which requested a non-existing function. Tables are upgraded properly from 2.9.5 to 3.0, I tested it multiple times. But old files should be removed manually or old menu/module reassigned completely. This is actually the basics of Joomla management.

I did as you said but without success. I removed all files (administrator, frontend and cache) but after new instalation I stiil had the error. After removing tables from MySql the problem vanished. Maybe it's not related but it helped me.

42 minutes ago, radosc said:

Ok, I will try, but I'm not sure if it is related to CSS so I wanted you only to check in browser inspector.

It is related to CSS and only CSS, nothing else.

43 minutes ago, radosc said:

I did as you said but without success. I removed all files (administrator, frontend and cache) but after new instalation I stiil had the error. After removing tables from MySql the problem vanished. Maybe it's not related but it helped me.

Most likely you had menu or module assigned to non-existing item. First you needed to remove menu items, modules, plugins and everything else. Only then you can remove the component and all its tables, if necessary.

5 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

It is related to CSS and only CSS, nothing else.

Ok. Thank you. It left me only to stay with your previous version. Maybe sometimes I will sort it out.

Ok. Thank you. It left me only to stay with your previous version. Maybe sometimes I will sort it out.

Using 2.0 only because editor buttons in module are displayed improperly due to CSS conflict? This is absolutely pointless. Just disable editor for the module and use it as default shoutbox.

Smart Shoutbox 30 is sooooo much better in all possible ways, that you shouldn't even considering going back to 2.0.