neithque

Steam Login

11 posts in this topic

Would you consider adding steam login for social login extension? If you do so soon I will def buy it :)

Yes, I could add Steam, of course. Not sure, why I didn't do this already, but, guess, it's because not much people actually use this. Nobody asked about Steam before.

I'm currently super busy with Smart Shoutbox extension, so if you're not planning to buy right now, I'll do in only when finish with Shoutbox. Might take a while.

Yeah, in this case I could switch the tasks. Shouldn't be hard to implement, Steam API is pretty simple.

Alright I bought it. It will work seamlessly with Kunena, right?

It will work with ANY social component, which uses Joomla framework to register, login and all other stuff related to users. Kunena is one of such components.

I'll add Steam support this week, might be in a few days even. Play with extension for a while, setup everything you need and see, how it works.

You shouldn't have any issues, but maybe you'll come up with idea, which I could implement in the next release as well.

Alright, thanks. I just need the steam login. It would need to get username, userimage, steamid and steamid64. I dont think you need to display steamid's anywhere but it would be great if they just got stored somehow for later use(so i can make a button that links to their profile for example). I think you can get some other stats from public steam profiles like number of games, hours played etc. Altho I don't think those even matters in this case. And oh its important that steam username and userimage update on each login(if changed).

53 minutes ago, neithque said:

I just need the steam login. It would need to get username, userimage, steamid and steamid64

Social Login retrieves and stores in database username, network ID and avatar and some other data as well (location, gender, birthday etc).

But what's steamid64? If it's some kind of another ID, it won't be retrieved, sorry. Only main user ID.

55 minutes ago, neithque said:

I dont think you need to display steamid's anywhere but it would be great if they just got stored somehow for later use(so i can make a button that links to their profile for example)

Profile links are generated for every social network as well. But of course you can use information from "connections" table as you wish. Just need to know a little programming, that's all.

55 minutes ago, neithque said:

I think you can get some other stats from public steam profiles like number of games, hours played etc.

This is Steam specific information and it will not be retrieved, sorry.

56 minutes ago, neithque said:

And oh its important that steam username and userimage update on each login(if changed).

Information is queried from social network each time, so it's always up to date.

I've added Steam to Social Login. Try to login with Steam on our site and let me know the results. If everything is good, I'll release an update.

It appeared, that steamid and steamid64 are same thing, so 64-bit version is always returned.

I tested it myself and it works pretty good, the same way all other networks do. Anyway, I'll wait for your response.