Yes, I could add Steam, of course. Not sure, why I didn't do this already, but, guess, it's because not much people actually use this. Nobody asked about Steam before.

I'm currently super busy with Smart Shoutbox extension, so if you're not planning to buy right now, I'll do in only when finish with Shoutbox. Might take a while.

It will work with ANY social component, which uses Joomla framework to register, login and all other stuff related to users. Kunena is one of such components.

I'll add Steam support this week, might be in a few days even. Play with extension for a while, setup everything you need and see, how it works.

You shouldn't have any issues, but maybe you'll come up with idea, which I could implement in the next release as well.

Alright, thanks. I just need the steam login. It would need to get username, userimage, steamid and steamid64. I dont think you need to display steamid's anywhere but it would be great if they just got stored somehow for later use(so i can make a button that links to their profile for example). I think you can get some other stats from public steam profiles like number of games, hours played etc. Altho I don't think those even matters in this case. And oh its important that steam username and userimage update on each login(if changed).

53 minutes ago, neithque said:

I just need the steam login. It would need to get username, userimage, steamid and steamid64

Social Login retrieves and stores in database username, network ID and avatar and some other data as well (location, gender, birthday etc).

But what's steamid64? If it's some kind of another ID, it won't be retrieved, sorry. Only main user ID.

55 minutes ago, neithque said:

I dont think you need to display steamid's anywhere but it would be great if they just got stored somehow for later use(so i can make a button that links to their profile for example)

Profile links are generated for every social network as well. But of course you can use information from "connections" table as you wish. Just need to know a little programming, that's all.

55 minutes ago, neithque said:

I think you can get some other stats from public steam profiles like number of games, hours played etc.

This is Steam specific information and it will not be retrieved, sorry.

56 minutes ago, neithque said:

And oh its important that steam username and userimage update on each login(if changed).

Information is queried from social network each time, so it's always up to date.

I've added Steam to Social Login. Try to login with Steam on our site and let me know the results. If everything is good, I'll release an update.

It appeared, that steamid and steamid64 are same thing, so 64-bit version is always returned.

I tested it myself and it works pretty good, the same way all other networks do. Anyway, I'll wait for your response.

It looks like when I uploaded file last time it become broken somehow. I reuploaded it already. Download, reinstall and it should start working properly now.

I re downloaded and tried re installing - still have the same issue. Am I doing it right? I go extensions, install then upload file and i upload the zip file i downloaded. After its done it redirects me to that same broken page and trying to go to social login options gives same result.

I've just tried to install the same distribution package on clean installation and it worked perfectly. Try to completely uninstall extension and clean every possible cache. Maybe corrupted version is cached somewhere on your side.

Of course, you need to re-download it again, because download can also be cached. Like I said, there're no issues with the current distribution package, which you need to re-download.

Issues:

http://prntscr.com/fggm9p

1. Steam Icon doesn't work. Also it would be nice if there was a way to change icon itself.

2. Ok first you never disclosed before buying that license is only 6 months then I have to buy again(its practically a subscription based system), second you stamp "Powered by The Krotek" everywhere? That is just rude, I paid for your addon I don't want to advertise for you too. Please make a way to disable branding.

3. My steam username is NOT steam76561198094236760

4. Whole point of Steam Login is to bypass need for email and sign in directly through steam. If you check any other Steam Login system you will see that this is how it works. If it needs an account to merge with then there is no point. It just complicates the registration process.

20 minutes ago, neithque said:

1. Steam Icon doesn't work. Also it would be nice if there was a way to change icon itself.

It DOES work. It's just not there, because I've forgot to put it :-) I've added it to the package, so download and install on top.

All icons are in components/com_sociallogin/assets/images - replace them with whatever you like. Notice though, that they will be replaced with the original ones every upgrade. Keep this in mind.

2. Ok first you never disclosed before buying that license is only 6 months then I have to buy again(its practically a subscription based system), second you stamp "Powered by The Krotek" everywhere? I am sorry but that is just rude, I paid for your addon I don't want to advertise for you too. Please make a way to disable branding.

Nothing rude at all. Paid license doesn't mean, there shouldn't be any copyright or back link. Almost every extension has it. You can easily remove it via CSS by hiding "copyright" class.

3. My steam username is NOT steam76561198094236760

Steam profile DOES NOT have username. Don't confuse it with DISPLAY NAME - these are 2 different things. Steam also doesn't return user email, so the only way is to generate username from Steam ID.

4. Whole point of Steam Login is to bypass need for email and sign in directly through steam. If you check any other Steam Login system you will see that this is how it works. If it needs an account to merge with then there is no point. It just complicates the registration process.

The whole idea of ANY social login component is to login faster. Social Login does that and in a very much standard way. Nothing complex here, only the required things.

Like I mentioned above, Steam doesn't provide email and it is not possible to register or login user automatically. Joomla REQUIRES email to register and an account with email to login, there's no way to avoid that.

But he will have to do this only once and only if he doesn't have an account. You can use Silent mode to automatically login users, who already have accounts on your site. Yet since the check is made by email, it'll not work for Steam, because Steam doesn't provide emails. At least for now.

Fair enough but you are wrong on point 4. Just go check OneAll for Joomla or Steam Login for MyBB and how it works. Yes Joomla REQUIRES email like any other system but it doesn't mean you cant bypass it. Just generate a fake email unique to each user. That is exactly how every other Steam Login I encountered worked so far and that is what I expected.

1 minute ago, neithque said:

Fair enough but you are wrong on point 4. Just go check OneAll for Joomla or Steam Login for MyBB and how it works. Yes Joomla REQUIRES email like any other system but it doesn't mean you cant bypass it. Just generate a fake email unique to each user. That is exactly how every other Steam Login I encountered worked so far and that is what I expected.

I, of course, can add an optional fake email generator, but this is a bad practice. I don't think it's extremely hard for a user to enter his email once and click Submit. Takes 10 seconds.

As long as generated email is not in a format that can be exploited - it will be fine. It is not a problem of how long it takes, problem is targeted audience and usability. Should I go into detail why Steam Login needs to be done this way? 

Basically, when I visit my website I want to see a steam button. I click it and it creates account for me and signs me in through steam. No complication no nothing. Just simple OpenID login so that only person who owns the steam account can access the appropriate account on the website that's all.

8 minutes ago, neithque said:

Basically, when I visit my website I want to see a steam button. I click it and it creates account for me and signs me in through steam. No complication no nothing. Just simple OpenID login so that only person who owns the steam account can access the appropriate account on the website that's all.

OpenID in most cases HAS email and actually based on it, but not in Steam case. Steam is not an OpenID even, it's something highly castrated with its own super simple API. Steam returns very few data, which is kinda bad.

Try silent mode on any other network, which returns email (Facebook, for example). It'll work exactly as you described: click the button, authorize, done. Account created, notification sent, no questions asked.

To sum this all up, Social Login follows all framework's regulations and does it properly. If you think it should do it differently, this is your right and your vision. But since it's not that hard to add a fake email generator, I'll do it later. Might also add a better username generator instead of current "social network + ID".