RIkard

I get duplicates in the search results

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm using the content search pro and when I search i get duplicates in the search results. Is there perhaps a settings somewhere that I have overlooked? I can't find anything in the forum or documentation about this. When I switch back to the original content search I don't get duplicates.

Best regards
Rikard

Search Content Pro doesn't produce any duplicates and never did. It simply can't, because search results are grouped by a dozen parameters, including article ID, which is always unique.

Maybe you have 2 content plugins activated at once somehow, maybe something else. Anyway, it's not related to Search Content Pro, this I can guarantee.

Hi and thank you

It's very strange that I get the duplicates when I use the content search pro but not when I use the regular search so I investigated further and I found out that is is actually the joomla tags that are bugging. I looked at all my duplicated content, it was 2 articles, when I removed the tags from them and then reassigned the same tags they were no longer duplicated in the search results. Even if this has nothing to do with this plugin I thought it be good to inform you just in case someone else has the same problem.

Best regards,
Rikard

Huh... that's interesting. Probably, tags were previously saved in a wrong way somehow. Still I can't imagine, how did you get duplicates.

I never seen any duplicates myself and it was never ever reported, even when this extension had much simpler query. Current query is so crazy precious, that I don't know, what else to add or fix in it :-) 

That's great :D I haven't used it for long but it really do what I want it to so I'm bent to agree with you :)