The Krotek Support Forum
stevanvampola

All in One Shipping configuration

Hello,

My company recently purchased  this extension and have some issues during configuration. 

1. I want to sell laptop batteries with free shipping, and other products with flat rate. So I configured this two methods, and it works fine. BUT, when somebody bye laptop I want only that one method to be shown, the same with other product. If customer bye NiCd battery, I don't wont "free laptop battery" method to be shown.

In general configuration I choose Only first match, but it keeps showing all matching methods thought NiCd battery has nothing to do with laptop Category, and I don't want customer to be in position to choose the wrong shipping method.

In short - my issue is that I can't reduce the choice of methods to Only first match.

My working website:  www.telit.co.rs/ocart2

Opencart version: 2.3.0.2,   with Technopolis template, and your 2.2.0 version of All in One Shipping

Thanks in advance for any help

NOTE: Laptop free - is for Serbia only.

You probably missing some option, a Priority maybe. Attach a screenshots for both methods and I might tell you something more specific.

Also note, that if you're using category based rules, this might also be a problem, because in OpenCart one product can have multiple categories.

12 hours ago, Stevan Vampola said:

For Laptop method, I use Category based rules. Can be a problem if laptop is subcategory ?

Setup looks good actually. You should see only one shipping option.

Send me also a screenshot from you checkout page, shipping method selection step or the whole checkout, if you don't mind.

I'm sending you the checkout page screenshot -  ( on shopping cart page estimate shipping tab is showing just the same - only "free for laptop batteries" when I get quote for Country - Serbia and region - Belgrade.

Having in mind that both ( laptop and SLA belong to the same main category - Batteries , I've tried different products that belong to Miscellaneous category, but with the same result - I got "free for laptop batteries" choice for the shipping fee.

If I configure - Display mode to All matching methods - it shows all of them.

But with - Only first match - it shows as "Only first method"

Checkout-page.jpg

I took closer look on your setup and it's actually a bit wrong.

Your Flat method is double based on country: one - by calculation rule, one - by geo zone. Remove either of them. Your Laptop method is already based on Serbia geo zone and displayed properly (selected country is Serbia).

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Give me description of the shipping rule you want to have in the end.

Hello,

Well, I'd like my checkout page to show ONLY matching shipping methods.

For example, if customer buy laptop battery ( which I want to ship free for Serbia ), shipping method should be "free for laptop battery", but if customer buy any other product that don't belong to laptop category, to show "one day shipping"  with cost of 208.33 RSD + tax 20% = 250 RSD in total.

And those are conditions only for Serbia

For foreign countries, I configured shipping method based on weight - and it works fairly OK.

46 minutes ago, Stevan Vampola said:

For example, if customer buy laptop battery ( which I want to ship free for Serbia ), shipping method should be "free for laptop battery", but if customer buy any other product that don't belong to laptop category, to show "one day shipping"  with cost of 208.33 RSD + tax 20% = 250 RSD in total.

First of all, setup your methods properly. I explained you in my previous reply, what exactly is wrong with your current setup.

Basically, you need to have Flat method with Serbia geo zone and base value set to 208.33. That's it.

When you're done, try to checkout again and see, how it goes. If it's still wrong, attach screenshots for both methods with new setup.

I also need a screenshot from product editing page with assigned categories list AND screenshot from categories list, where I can see categories belonging to products from checkout.

OK, I tried a new settings, and, made a few various settings. But it's all the same. If I use  "Only the first match" I always get the only first tab method - in the last setup I put the flat method in the  first tab, and as the second tab - laptop - and the result was always = flat method, even if I checkout the laptop battery.

I included screenshot as You asked.

NOTE: If it's more convenient I can send you temporary admin user name and pass, so that you can check yourself. I only need a private e-mail.

Flat shipping.pnglaptop shipping.pngCategories.png

Products-sla.pngProducts-laptop.pngCheckout-laptop.png

I don't need access to your site, you've describe everything in detail and it is clear for me, what exactly is the problem. Most likely, as you suggested in your previous post, problem's with categories. Or, more particularly, with OpenCart itself and how it processes categories.

I'll check it on default OC 2.3 setup and let you know the result. Meanwhile you can try it with single product - it should work flawlessly, because product can have only one ID.

UPDATE:

Before updating All-in-One Shipping, I decided to create Product Primary Category extension, which I'm planning to use in my extensions. Maybe other developers will find it useful as well.

You can download it from this page. New version of All-in-One will utilize Product Primary Category functionality for increased precision in shipping costs calculation.

I'd recommend you to install this free mod, while I'm working on the main one.

I've finally updated extension. Problem was with sorting by priority - it simply was put in a wrong place of code. Now everything works fine, I tested it with setup similar to yours.

So for now the logic of priority should be considered during setup. In your case Flat value should come last (has highest Priority value). This way extension processes all other methods and if none matches, takes Flat value.

You may download a new version and try again. Let me know, if it works.

Sorry to say, that I didn't get the proper result.

What I tried is to update opencart version - and have installed your 2.2.1 extension version and ... nothing happened. I have all the same result. When I choose Only first match it works as I choose ONLY FIRST PRIORITY METHOD - no matter which is first but which one has priority.

For example if I give priority 1 to flat and 2 to laptop battery - it will be flat even if the product is laptop battery and vice versa.

You didn't update it right then. Like I mentioned before, I've tested in on exact same setup as yours and it worked perfectly: methods switched according to priority and calculated shipping costs properly.

Download again, upload on top, clean every possible cache you can remember, uninstall/install if necessary. This issue doesn't exist anymore.

I've tested it with the following setup:

Method 1 (Flat)

• Base Value - 100
  • Priority - 2
  • Geo Zone: Serbia

Method 2 (iPhone Shipping)

• Rule: Category - Phones & PDAs - Value: 120
  • Priority: 1
  • Geo Zone: Serbia

iPhone has 2 categories assigned by default: Desktops and Phones & PDAs. Both methods match customer with iPhone in the cart and Serbia in address.

When I add iPhone to cart and select Serbian address, it displays iPhone Shipping only. If I change Priority value for both methods and put Flat method first, I get Flat Shipping on checkout.

As you can see, this is the same setup as yours, but with iPhone instead of some battery. If it works on our server, it works on yours. Code is absolutely the same.

Make sure you have the latest version and not old one.

Finally it works. Thank you very much for your help.

I uploaded Opencart version in a hurry - because I was going on a trip for few days, and it worked just the same as it used cashed files.

Today when I opened admin, I have noticed that something was wrong and find out that VQMOD wasn't activated. ( shame on me )

Anyway, I used your method configuration and now it works.

Thank you once more.

Great! I'm glad it finally worked for you. Sorry, it took some time to understand and fix things.

If you find another issue or have an idea to share, feel free to drop me an email to support@thekrotek.com. It's much faster to communicate via email rather than forum.