Razen

Search K2 Pro Questions

8 posts in this topic

I would like to update the search-modules on my website and wonder, if this extension satisfy my needs:

Basically, my website uses K2 Items with two large main Categories C1 (called Account) and C2 (called UUID) for almost everything.

1) I would like to create two search modules with only one, simple inputfield for the keyword. One of those modules is placed on the pages of C1, the other one in the pages of C2. The results should be shown on a page which is minor to the category-url. As example:

Results from the search-module for C1: http://minecraft-heads.com/account/search...

Results from the search-module for C2: http://minecraft-heads.com/uuid/search...

2) The search-function should search through the K2 Item Title and optinonally the K2 Item Tag, NOT the K2 Item Extrafields or the normal Joomla Articles

3) The results should by configurable with templates

The layout should be the same as on the website right now: http://minecraft-heads.com/

Is this possible with your extension? Is there the usual 30-days-money-back to your extension?

Thanks and bye

Razen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for delayed response. I usually reply much faster.

Search K2 Pro is a plugin, it doesn't affect any layouts or modules. It simply queries the database and returns the results. What to do with these results is up to you.

On 04.04.2017 at 5:44 PM, Razen said:

2) The search-function should search through the K2 Item Title and optinonally the K2 Item Tag, NOT the K2 Item Extrafields or the normal Joomla Articles

You can search these fields in database:

  • Items: 'title', 'alias', 'introtext', 'fulltext', 'metakey', 'metadesc', 'image_caption', 'image_credits', 'video_caption', 'video_credits'
  • Categories: 'name', 'alias', 'description', 'metakey', 'metadesc'
  • Authors: 'name', 'username', 'email'

Plus additionally you can enable searching by tags.

On 04.04.2017 at 5:44 PM, Razen said:

Is there the usual 30-days-money-back to your extension?

There's no such thing as "usual 30-days-money-back", every developer has its own terms. We don't have any moneyback at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I know where I can search, but does that mean that it will exclusivly search there or additionally? Because I dont want the search function to search the extra_fields from k2.

Is there any spot where I can test the plugin?

 

And additionally: I know that's not your problem but maybe you can help: When I use K2 Tools as a search tool, is there a way to redirect the results to different pages for different modules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razen said:

Now I know where I can search, but does that mean that it will exclusivly search there or additionally? Because I dont want the search function to search the extra_fields from k2.

That's the beauty of this plugin: it allows you to select searchable fields. You can limit search to one field only - "title", for example. The rest will be omitted.

1 hour ago, Razen said:

Is there any spot where I can test the plugin?

You can see the backend here. It won't allow you to estimate the functionality, but at least you'll see all available options. It works exactly the same way as any other search plugin and simply allows you more tweaking options. Plus it returns additional results like images or category and author links, which allow you to make your search results a bit prettier.

You can search for something on our site to display customized results with thumbnails and such. Click here to search for "shoutbox". For K2 you can do exactly the same, if you wish. This extension is quite customizable.

1 hour ago, Razen said:

And additionally: I know that's not your problem but maybe you can help: When I use K2 Tools as a search tool, is there a way to redirect the results to different pages for different modules?

I'd love to help, but I don't use K2 myself and don't even know, what K2 Tools is :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you develop this without knowing k2? o_O

The K2 Search Pro seems to be broken there... I get an error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razen said:

How can you develop this without knowing k2? o_O

I don't need to know everything about K2 to create a plugin for it.

5 minutes ago, Razen said:

The K2 Search Pro seems to be broken there... I get an error

Which error? I don't see any errors, plugin opens perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, that was stupid K2 admin module. Looks like it decided to rule the world and enabled itself. I disabled it and everything should work good now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now