The Krotek Support Forum
Please note: Joomla extensions are free, but support is not.
Sign in to follow this  
plainhavoc

Options tabs not "clickable'

Hello, I just renewed license on the smart shoutbox, but am having difficulty in the options. I attempted to change the date format, and now I no longer am able to access the tabs in the options menu (except for "General" which is opened by default). Is there a way to change only the date format back to default without overwriting everything? I love this component, and the associated module, but I will need to access these settings from time to time.

Screenshot_2.png

There's no problem in Shoutbox, of course. Some other script is messing with your admin. Most likely, you have a JavaScript error on page load.

To find out the error, open Firebug or your browser's object inspector, navigate to Console section and reload the page. You should see an error. If there's no error, click the tab - this time error should pop.

Wow... That's a weird looking format. Why so many quotes? You really don't need them.

There're two options. The easiest one is to reset the settings bu clicking the corresponding button on top. But you'll have to setup everything from scratch.

More complex way is to edit "dateformat" parameter right in database. It is stored in "extensions" table, "params" field. It's json_encoded, but pretty much readable.

That format isn't the way it was entered, but more the way it rendered... Not really sure how it was rewritten that way.

The reset button didn't work, not that I really wanted to do that. Thank you for telling me which table. I kept looking for an options table after failing to find related fields in the smartshoutbox_** ones. Either way, changing it in the db fixes all and it is working again, thank you!

I found it in the extensions table where you pointed me to before. I was just letting you know I had been looking in the wrong place like a crumb. Hope you have a great weekend, and thank you for helping me fix this!

Ah, I see... Good to know you've sorted this out. Probably, it was saved improperly somehow or values were stored in a different format previously and when you upgraded old format ruined your options page a little.