The Krotek Support Forum
Please note: Joomla extensions are free, but support is not.
Sign in to follow this  
Otourist

Is free access to downloads available to registered users

I am currently considering a new file selling extension and so taking a look at Smart Seller.

I sell predominantly Microsoft Word documents because they are editable. I have 2 kinds of customers.

• Registered: These clients pay me a monthly fee for other services and free online access to documents is part of this service. They are registered users on my website and log in to download documents
  • Everybody Else: Anyone can download documents but have to pay to do so.

Can you confirm that Smart Seller supports both of these options simultaneously.

Regards

Otourist

I'm not sure, I understood you correctly, but of course, if a customer paid for the document, he will be able to download it. And yes, you have an option to restrict downloading to only logged users. As for guests or registered users, who don't own the license, they will see the Purchase button. Everything is pretty standard here.

There're plenty options for each file separately and rich permissions system. You can see all currently available options for yourself on our admin demo site.

Also, Smart Seller is undergoing huge update right now. Next version will have much, much more features, including plugin system, which will allow you to enable almost any payment system with API. So if my reply is a little off, you can simply provide more detailed description of your tasks and we might implement them in upcoming release. It's very much open for any suggestions.