The Krotek Support Forum
Please note: Joomla extensions are free, but support is not.
Sign in to follow this  
dude4him

4 Month License - Expires & Have to Buy Again for Upgrade? Ripoff

Purchased: 11.09.2014, 08:15
License expired: 10.03.2015, 08:15

Really, four months is all you get for a license with your Shoutbox?

In order to get a patch release version you have to buy the entire Shoutbox all over again full price.

Please tell me why I would NOT tell everyone to avoid this website and all your other products?

I'm not sure which mathematics do you use, but 180 days is 6 months. This is a standard licensing period for many Joomla extensions.

We constantly update Smart Shoutbox, so no, it's not for just one patch. It always gets a new great features and might even be completely reworked at some point. You'll get all this for free during your 180 days license.

dude4him

To be fair to Krotek this is how most paid for extensions work, you purchase a license for either 6 or 12 months and you get any updates within that period and are still free to use it after the licence expires.

Only only thing that doesn't happen here is a discount for renewal which is conmen practice with paid extensions. 

Only only thing that doesn't happen here is a discount for renewal which is conmen practice with paid extensions.

We're currently upgrading our selling system and there will be discount for all renewals soon. You'll see it yourself as a customer.