The Krotek

Reference Program

31 posts in this topic

The setting was already set to Yes. There is no entry in the Error log :( .

This means, error messages are still suppressed on your site. Contact your hosting provider and tell them, that you want error messages to be displayed. They'll help you with this.

When you finally see the error, copy it here.

My hosting service refuses to help me on that, it's not in my "contract".

This server error does not appear with the 2.2.2 version of the Reference Program plugin, it should be in the differences with the 2.2.3 version.

1 hour ago, Shaigan said:

My hosting service refuses to help me on that, it's not in my "contract".

They probably didn't understand you and thought, that you're asking them about administration services. Yet you didn't.

Once again: if you see a blank page or error 500, there's ALWAYS an error and you need to make it visible. You need to solve this one way or another, because this isn't the last time you're going to see the same error without message.

So try to contact them again and say, that you don't ask them about administration services. You only need them to explain, how displaying errors work on THEIR server, and is there any global php.ini file or any restriction to displaying errors somewhere. Usually, there is a global php.ini in your root (public_html), which affects all your sites. But there might be "more global" php.ini, which you simply don't have access to. This is what you need to understand about your server.

Anyway, you need to make error displayed. I can't do this for you, because I'm pretty shitty admin and know only the very basics.

Also try to completely reinstall extension: uninstall, remove reference_id field from customer and order table, download again, unpack, upload new files on top, clean any possible cache you can remember of, install again.

1 hour ago, Shaigan said:

This server error does not appear with the 2.2.2 version of the Reference Program plugin, it should be in the differences with the 2.2.3 version.

The difference with 2.2.3 is related to front-end only and you have an issue in admin. So no, this is not the reason.

Hi, I just bought and installed the 'Reference Program" extension but strangely when I enabled it, my website front-end goes blank, no error and the homepage is just an empty white space; when I disable the extension, my website loads normal. What can I do about this.

1 hour ago, anthills01 said:

Hi, I just bought and installed the 'Reference Program" extension but strangely when I enabled it, my website front-end goes blank, no error and the homepage is just an empty white space; when I disable the extension, my website loads normal. What can I do about this.

I already replied you on this in PM.