The Krotek

Reference Program

31 posts in this topic

Very effective reference program extension, which lets your customers share their reference IDs to get a discount. Either referrer, new customer or both can get a set amount of discount.

Get more information and buy extension here.

Hi there. I'm unsure if this is where I'm supposed to post? 

Anyway I'm looking at buying the Reference Program. I have some questions:

When a customer signs up, I want them to receive a referral code to share, and receive a 25% discount coupon.

When a referred customer signs up, they receive a 25% too, and the 1st customer (the referrer) receives another 5% on top, which updates their coupon to now 30%. 

If the 1st customer gets 5 friends to sign up, then he will now have a 25% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% coupon, totalling 50%. 

Then if another 6th customer is referred, I want the coupon to stop at 50%, and to start another coupon at 5%, and each sign up, again +5% +5% +5% to a total of a 50% coupon.  And then it starts again, etc. 

So basically each referred customer adds 5% to the referrer's coupon, but it is limited to 50%, and then another coupon is started. 

Is this possible with this program? 

How much will I have to modify it to make that work? I'm fine with php, I just don't know the references to begin a referral program with. 

Thakn you :)

Is this possible with this program?

Nope, not possible at all. You have pretty complex discount scheme and this extension is much more simple. It'll stay that way.

Hi,

I've just bought and installed the plugin but I don't understand how it works. My needs are the following :
- a customer need to place at leat one order without any minmum to be allowed to refer a friend
- a valid referee can use only one time the discount, at its first order if he wants
- a valid referer can use only one time the "referer discount" at the first order after the referee's one

Here what and how I'm doing :
1) a new customer place an order and its reference ID is displayed when the order become "terminated" (it's OK)
2) this customer share its ID
3) an other register and place an order with the ID. He get the discount (it's OK)
4) . . . I'm stuck here. How can the referer receive its discount ?

I've attached a screenshot of my parameters (I've translated it into french, the place of the parameters are the same). If you could point me what param is wrong; or explain me how is the step-by-step functionment of the reference program, you'll save my day ;)

Other some little things :
- The shared message is so "text only". Should it be possible to add a true mail sharing option, with the default opencart format ? (like the bill sent by the store)
- The popup for the sharing links are a bit "hidden". Maybe an option to make them as "normal clickable links" could solve this small issue. Just a visible list of share links.
- Older customers will never see their ID because the column is not filled. A function to fill them during the installation may solve this.

Thank for your help.
Best regards

Image1.png

7 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

4) . . . I'm stuck here. How can the referer receive its discount ?

Referrer will get a discount on his NEXT order, providing, that referred customer's order matches his order status from settings. Basically, he will get some kind of a "point" (1 order = 1 point). The more points, the more discounted orders referrer can have. It's pretty simple, actually, and that's what makes Reference Program great.

10 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

- The shared message is so "text only". Should it be possible to add a true mail sharing option, with the default opencart format ? (like the bill sent by the store)

You mean email or social network shares?

11 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

- The popup for the sharing links are a bit "hidden". Maybe an option to make them as "normal clickable links" could solve this small issue. Just a visible list of share links

I'm not sure, what you mean under "hidden". It pops on mouseover or click on reference ID. I wouldn't call it "hidden". Or you want it to be always visible?

13 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

- Older customers will never see their ID because the column is not filled. A function to fill them during the installation may solve this.

All your customers have reference ID assigned, when you install extension for the first time.

45 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

Referrer will get a discount on his NEXT order, providing, that referred customer's order matches his order status from settings. Basically, he will get some kind of a "point" (1 order = 1 point). The more points, the more discounted orders referrer can have. It's pretty simple, actually, and that's what makes Reference Program great.

OK. So I've got a problem because the referrer never get any discount on its order :( 

46 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

All your customers have reference ID assigned, when you install extension for the first time.

On a 2.2.0.0 and on a 2.0.3.1, all my customers have a 0 in the reference_id column of the oc_customer DB :(

-> Assuming that, I did something wrong or the installation partly failed.

Now about the "small" remarks :

51 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

You mean email or social network shares?

Yes in the admin section of the sharing parameters, the only way to share an ID by mail is to configure an entry with mailto:?subject=##title##&body=##message##. A true mail sharing option should be nicer, because of the poor capacity to pass a beautiful ##message## value in the url.

53 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

I'm not sure, what you mean under "hidden". It pops on mouseover or click on reference ID. I wouldn't call it "hidden". Or you want it to be always visible?

It's not a first view we need to let the mouse on the ID to get the box, or to click on it, this is what I sadly called "hidden". Just a list of links, maybe with font-awesome graphics. Yes, always visible. Can it be an option in future update ?

6 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

OK. So I've got a problem because the referrer never get any discount on its order :( 

That's because given criteria hasn't been met. It all depends on your settings. You need to check every option and make sure it has the right value set. Referrer will get a discount only when every given criteria was met: order status, number of orders in given period etc. The login behind all this is pretty good and absolutely fraud safe. So if even a single check hasn't been passed, you won't get a penny for discount.

10 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

On a 2.2.0.0 and on a 2.0.3.1, all my customers have a 0 in the reference_id column of the oc_customer DB :(

-> Assuming that, I did something wrong or the installation partly failed.

In admin/controller/total/refprogram.php find this piece of code:

^[0-9]+$

And try to replace it with this one:

^[0-9]{8,8}$

This will check, that reference_id field not just have only digits, bu has exactly 8 digits, not less, not more. When you're done with editing, just open the settings page and it should populate all the zero IDs with proper ones. Let me know, how it went.

18 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

Yes in the admin section of the sharing parameters, the only way to share an ID by mail is to configure an entry with mailto:?subject=##title##&body=##message##. A true mail sharing option should be nicer, because of the poor capacity to pass a beautiful ##message## value in the url.

So you're talking about sharing by link... Well, see, email sharing is similar to any social network and it's impossible to pass template via it. To do a "true mail sharing" a standalone option has to be added, but there's no way to do this easily. If at some point a brilliant idea comes in my mind, I'll of course, implement it. But I can't give you any promises on that right now.

25 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

It's not a first view we need to let the mouse on the ID to get the box, or to click on it, this is what I sadly called "hidden". Just a list of links, maybe with font-awesome graphics. Yes, always visible. Can it be an option in future update ?

That's actually was the first way we tried to add sharing links and it appeared to be.. awful.

See, when we develop extensions, we MUST keep in mind different ways of usage of certain functions. There's a very good chance, that a certain store already has a sharing icons section added. Most modern templates have such option. Now imagine you have a bunch of sharing icons in header and another bunch of sharing icons will appear, when you open your account page. It'll be A LOT MORE confusing, that popup or click action on particular element of page. Considering, that it is always good, when extension works for most customers right out of the box, we chose the mouseover/click option. Might change in the future, of course, because sharing functionality is quite new for this extension. But for now we will keep it this way.

To solve this, you can simply add a simple note to customers. Something like, "Filles et garcones, click your reference ID to share it via different social networks, s'il vouz plait" :-)

1 hour ago, The Krotek said:

In admin/controller/total/refprogram.php find this piece of code:

^[0-9]+$

And try to replace it with this one:

^[0-9]{8,8}$

This will check, that reference_id field not just have only digits, bu has exactly 8 digits, not less, not more. When you're done with editing, just open the settings page and it should populate all the zero IDs with proper ones. Let me know, how it went.

I've got errors in the error log of opencart :

2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT * FROM oc_customer_group cg LEFT JOIN oc_customer_group_description cgd ON (cg.customer_group_id = cgd.customer_group_id) WHERE cgd.language_id = '2' ORDER BY cgd.name ASC in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 71
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/controller/total/refprogram.php on line 186
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SHOW FIELDS FROM oc_customer WHERE Field ='reference_id' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/controller/total/refprogram.php on line 490
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />ALTER TABLE oc_customer ADD reference_id INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SHOW FIELDS FROM `oc_order` WHERE Field ='reference_id' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/controller/total/refprogram.php on line 496
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />ALTER TABLE `oc_order` ADD reference_id INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT customer_id FROM `oc_customer` WHERE reference_id REGEXP '^[0-9]{8,8}$' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/controller/total/refprogram.php on line 502
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT * FROM oc_extension WHERE `type` = 'total' ORDER BY code in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/extension/extension.php on line 8
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/extension/extension.php on line 8
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_order` WHERE (order_status_id = '2') in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/sale/order.php on line 315
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_order` WHERE (order_status_id = '5' OR order_status_id = '15' OR order_status_id = '2' OR order_status_id = '3') in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/sale/order.php on line 315
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_return`r WHERE r.return_status_id = '2' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/sale/return.php on line 146
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_customer_online` co LEFT JOIN oc_customer c ON (co.customer_id = c.customer_id) in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/report/customer.php on line 314
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM oc_customer WHERE approved = '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_model_sale_customer.php on line 338
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT p.product_id) AS total FROM oc_product p LEFT JOIN oc_product_description pd ON (p.product_id = pd.product_id) WHERE pd.language_id = '2' AND p.quantity = '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/catalog/product.php on line 631
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM oc_review r LEFT JOIN oc_product_description pd ON (r.product_id = pd.product_id) WHERE pd.language_id = '2' AND r.status = '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/catalog/review.php on line 120
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM oc_affiliate WHERE approved = '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/marketing/affiliate.php on line 194
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT * FROM oc_store ORDER BY url in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/setting/store.php on line 57
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/modification/admin/controller/common/header.php on line 128
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT *, (SELECT ug.name FROM `oc_user_group` ug WHERE ug.user_group_id = u.user_group_id) AS user_group FROM `oc_user` u WHERE u.user_id = '2' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/model/user/user.php on line 30
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: firstname in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/common/profile.tpl on line 2
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: lastname in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/common/profile.tpl on line 2
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: firstname in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/common/profile.tpl on line 4
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: lastname in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/common/profile.tpl on line 4
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: user_group in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/common/profile.tpl on line 5
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_order` WHERE order_status_id > '0' in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_order` WHERE (order_status_id = '5' OR order_status_id = '15' OR order_status_id = '2' OR order_status_id = '3') in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_order` WHERE (order_status_id = '2') in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_order` WHERE (order_status_id = '7' OR order_status_id = '13' OR order_status_id = '10' OR order_status_id = '1' OR order_status_id = '16' OR order_status_id = '14' OR order_status_id = '8' OR order_status_id = '11' OR order_status_id = '9' OR order_status_id = '12') in /home/thefourmcd/www/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customer_groups in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/total/refprogram.tpl on line 126
2016-11-20 23:25:04 - PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/thefourmcd/www/admin/view/template/total/refprogram.tpl on line 126

It could be the source of all my problems, assuming a bad install will break the normal function ?

2 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

It could be the source of all my problems, assuming a bad install will break the normal function ?

Hard to say, to be honest. Might be bad installation, might be connection issue, might be bad file edit. I never saw such issues with Reference Program myself, so I don't have a particular answer. But don't worry, we'll handle this one way or another.

For now, can you uninstall extension, do the changes above and install again? Would be super good, if you deleted "reference_id" field from "order" and "customer" tables as well.

Thank for your help.

I've disabled the extension in the Total Order menu.
I've uninstalled the extension in the VQMod Manager.
I've edited the admin/controller/total/refprogram.php file to match the regex ^[0-9]{8,8}$
I've deleted the reference_id column from the order and the cutomer tables.

11 minutes ago, Shaigan said:

Thank for your help.

I've disabled the extension in the Total Order menu.
I've uninstalled the extension in the VQMod Manager.
I've edited the admin/controller/total/refprogram.php file to match the regex ^[0-9]{8,8}$
I've deleted the reference_id column from the order and the cutomer tables.

Well... Now try to install it then!

I've installed the extension in the VQMod Manager.
I've enabled the extension in the Total Order menu (it took some time).

Nothing changed : the same errors in the error log and the reference_id column in the customer table is filled with 0.

I've checked it on fresh OC installation. Indeed, there was a little issue in logic.

I've made an update and now it properly checks for exactly 8 digit code in "reference_id" field in "customer" table. If code not found or not proper, it generates a new one.

You can download a new version and try. Should be good now.

Thanks a lot for your help. The installation goes without any error, the reference_id are now correctly populated.

But after some tests with the setup as in the first image (in an older post), my referer don't get the discount after all the right steps :( 

Regards.

7 hours ago, Shaigan said:

But after some tests with the setup as in the first image (in an older post), my referer don't get the discount after all the right steps :( 

OK, let's assume, you did everything right. Where exactly are you looking for referrer's discount?

After the referree completed it's first order (and the order pass on "shipped", as I set it up), I'm looking for an automatic discount on the cart or on the checkout page; on the referrer's account, no ?

Yes, that's the right place. And if you still don't see a discount, then you still have wrong setup. Like I mentioned above, even the slightest mismatch will make discount unavailable.

Just did a quick test to make sure, everything works:

Referred customer gets 10 USD discount, when he applies a reference ID.
Referrer gets 5% discount, if customer applies his ID and Order Status option is also set to Pending (basically, every new order).

Both referred customer and and referrer received a discount properly. So again, only bad setup can bring other results, nothing else.

I used only 3 options for easy testing. If you have more, than your setup needs better checking. Every option can produce a mismatch.

OK. I managed to get it working. But it stops if Is set the Minimum Orders to 1. If I let it empty, it's OK.

Thanks a lot for your help.

With Minimum Orders is set to 1 customer MUST have at least one order with the status assigned below. Only after that he will have his reference ID active. Now he can give his ID to others and it will be applied properly. With empty Minimum Orders value his reference ID is active from the start.

Yes I understood that and this is exactly what I would. But, if I set it to 1, the referrer never see the discount after the referred's order get the assigned status.

Never mind, it's a good deal :D

That's because he didn't place any orders! Referrer (not referred!) MUST have an order to be able to participate in reference program itself.

As I understood :

1) The referrer places an order, then after that he gets the code displayed.
2) The referree places an order using the referrer's code.
3) The referrer should be able to place a second order with an automatic discount.

In my two setups, this referrer's second order never get the automatic discount.

Edit :
I've set up a third opencart 2.3.0.2 installation (fresh one) with only vqmod and the reference-program installed.
5€ discount for both referrer and referree. Activation after the 1st order. No status assigned. It doesn't work : referrer doesn't get its discount after the referree placed an order (and after the referrer unlocked it with a 1st order)

I had to look into this more closely. There was another small flaw in the logic of checking for referrer orders and discount "points" he already used.

This extension has so complex algorithm of checking for reference ID, that I'm afraid to make any changes to it myself. But I hope this time nothing will break.

You may download new version and try again. It should now work properly for referrer.

Just uninstalled the 2.2.2 version and deleted all the files, copied the 2.2.3 files to my ftp and got a 500 server error when I want to install it via the extension - > order totals menu.

Also, in the vqmod error log, I can see

******************************3_Wed.log*******************************
---------- Date: 2016-11-23 09:06:29 ~ IP : 90.5.41.28 ----------
REQUEST URI : /dev/opencart/
MOD DETAILS:
   modFile   : /www/vqmod/xml/refprogram_2.0.vqmod.xml
   id        : Reference Program
   version   : 2.2.3
   vqmver    : 2.1.5
   author    : The Krotek
VQModObject::parseMods - Could not resolve path for [admin/model/sale/customer.php] (SKIPPED)
VQModObject::parseMods - Could not resolve path for [admin/controller/sale/customer.php] (SKIPPED)
VQModObject::parseMods - Could not resolve path for [admin/view/template/sale/customer_form.tpl] (SKIPPED)
VQModObject::parseMods - Could not resolve path for [catalog/controller/payment/amazon_checkout.php] (SKIPPED)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

These errors are skipped, this is normal.

500 error is a database error. Set Display Errors to Yes in store settings to see the error message.

Something's bad with your database. You shouldn't get any ""server gone away" or error 500 on installation.