The Krotek Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Krotek

Transliteration

This plugin transliterates article title and creates an alias from it. This is very useful, if you want to have aliases, which are good for SEF, and don't want to type them manually.

Get more information and download extension here.

Hi, im using your transliteration plugin a while and everything works ok.

Today i install it into joomla 3.3.3 and it's not working.

I have check console and etc but i cant see any error. Can you check it please ?

thanks

efstathiou, just checked and looks like they've changed, how empty alias is handled. Now empty alias is filled with some crap made from current date BEFORE onContentBeforeSave event. Transliteration plugin activates, when onContentBeforeSave triggered, checks for alias to be empty and transliterates it. So since aliases is no longer empty (ever), plugin doesn't work anymore. I don't have a good solution for that right now. Will look into this later.

efstathiou, I've updated this extension. Had to remove Mode option, because Joomla now doesn't pass empty article alias. Now plugin will ALWAYS transliterate your titles on every edit.

Hello,

I have installed version 1.0.2 on my website and I see the following problem.

When I create and save an article everything works OK, as you describe - I get the transliterated title as alias.

When I try to create or to modify a Contact, I get the message: 

Error

Save failed with the following error: Another Contact from this category has the same alias

From what I understand your plugin does not modify or create aliases for Contacts, but for some reason it prevents their saving (if I disable your plugin the Contacts are crated and/or saved)

My Contacts do not have same aliases, as I have manually entered them all uniquely in the database!

Can you please locate the problem? I like your plugin and would like to keep using it...

Thanks!

This is a content plugin, which installs in content folder and executes, when onContentBeforeSave event is triggered. It has nothing to do with contacts.

I assume, Joomla developers added a trigger for content events to Contacts component. I don't know, why they did that and why it doesn't work properly, but that's definitely not this extension's problem. You might want to ask Joomla developers themselves, because there's nothing to fix here for us.

Hi guys,

the basic idea and principle behind the plugin are excellent and the plugin is great, however I have one suggestion, if it's possible to implement, which would enhance it even more.

As I see, the plugin ALWAYS checks the "Title" field and transliterates it, regardless of any existing entries in the "Alias" field. While this is good in majority of the situations, it directly forbids a user to create a fully "custom" alias. I believe the best solution would be to check for entries in the alias field and then: if null - transliterate, if any - use that as alias.

So it should, in theory, only come down to one more "if" - I hope this is possible AND relatively easy to achieve :)

Cheers,

R

ranzo, actually, this idea was implemented in a very first version of the plugin. But at some point Joomla developers made it useless. Joomla now never passes empty alias. If you don't put anything in Alias field, it'll be filled with current date and time and passed further non-empty. So later we removed this feature, which you can see in changelog.

I agree with @nikoky you definitely should fix the bug with contact manager. I am trying to change my contacts on Joomla 3.4.5 and there is no alias at all. Title in cyrilic charachters but eventhough that I am adding alias manually after saving there is no alias at all. With this bug the plugin not make sense because it is a standart joomla component and many people using it...

PS: If I am switching off the plugin aliases in contact component saved perfectly... So this is 100% problem of transliteration plugin.