The Krotek

Search Content Advanced

We need a search component that works like the Google advanced search form:

Required: ALL of the following _ _ _ _ _
and
Required: at least ANY one of the following _ _ _ _ _ _
but
NOT any of the following: _ _ _ _ _ _

and we want to be able to do this with do this with Tags.

So ideally, we could hide the search form's checkboxes for
weblinks, contacts, etc. 

We just want a Tag Search component with an advanced search form.

that will find the desired articles..

Does this extension do that???

Thanks for your attention.

Do you do any customization work?

I want something more from your search content advanced plugin and that is a couple of extra fields in the search form.

Could you do this and would you be interested?

Hello, we use Joomla 3.3.6 and the latest version of this plugin. We followed your instructions, how to add thumbnails to search results, but thumbnails are not displayed. The plugin is enabled, show thumbs is set to yes.

Also another problem: when we set show label to no, the error page is displayed after search.

we use Joomla 3.3.6 and the latest version of this plugin. We followed your instructions, how to add thumbnails to search results, but thumbnails are not displayed. The plugin is enabled, show thumbs is set to yes.

We have 3.3.6 on our site and I also tested it on clean installation - works perfectly. So you either missing something from settings or there's a problem with your template - it may simply override your changes.

Also another problem: when we set show label to no, the error page is displayed after search.

Yep, there was a small bug out there. Download again and reinstall - should be good after that.

I could not get it work. So I tested it on an other installation and still the same problem. Could it be a local (xampp) problem?

Shoudn't be. It's just a standard DB query and results output. Plain and simple.

We bought your plugin, but have a question.

We have a certain group in ACL that we want to offer a search box to so they can only search within that ACL category - nothing else.

I'm a little confused on how to set this up.

When I test it, it's showing search results from other categories within the site - which it should NOT do. It should only show articles that are within the special ACL category for that particular group and nothing else.

How do I set this up so the main site search box doesn't conflict with this one? The main site search box should search the entire site as usual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we need this working as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

LMW1

Two things that we require:

1) Main search module for website operates as normal. Searches entire site.

2) We want to create another search module that will ONLY search within a certain category - nothing else.

Can this be done?

Respectfully,

LMW1

Search Content Advanced is a PLUGIN.

1) Main search module for website operates as normal. Searches entire site.

Plugin is NOT a module.

2) We want to create another search module that will ONLY search within a certain category - nothing else.

Plugin is NOT a module.

Correct. Plugin is NOT a module.

BUT --> You need to use it in a module in order to use the plugin. Correct?

Or maybe you know of a way to publish a PLUGIN?

Can I accomplish what I asked you or not?

LMW1

BUT --> You need to use it in a module in order to use the plugin. Correct?

No, not correct. Module works absolutely separately and doesn't require anything. At least you can make it this way.

Or maybe you know of a way to publish a PLUGIN?

Yes, I know: click Publish button in admin.

Can I accomplish what I asked you or not?

Accomplish what? Make a plugin look and work like a module? Nobody can accomplish that.

What do I need to do to be able to search ONLY within a certain category when I am in that certain category?

For example:

If I am in the "Company Founders" section of the website and I ONLY want to perform a search in that section/category (excluding all other website content)...

How can I accomplish this?

Respectfully,

LMW1

HI,

i want to exclude a category from being found. So i coose this catgory to be excluded, but the articles from this category are still found. What do i wrong?

thanks for your help

Wolfgang, I did some testing and found a couple bugs, which could lead to wrong exclude/include processing. We've changed search query dramatically in latest release and this is why these bugs popped. You may download new version and update. Should work now.

Sorry for this. Nasty stuff :-)

Hello

Is it possible to set this plugin by default to only search the article titles - not only in the advanced options?

I want my search to only search and show articles where the search word is only present in the title, not in the fulltext.