The Krotek Support Forum
Bart.e

Payment fee or discount

I purchased this extension and it seems to install fine but when i try to add a rule in the fee or discount tab nothing happens.
I do have following error in the error log:

2020-06-23 10:01:31 - PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/opencart/admin/view/template/total/payment_feediscount_js.tpl on line 17

The opencart compatibility 3.0 module is necessary for the payment fee extension (else it won't show up in extensions menu) BUT with this module enabled customers can not checkout.
When reaching the payments page an "error" popup is shown. Just saying "error".

2 hours ago, Bart.e said:

Save extension settings first and then try again. This might help.

1 hour ago, Bart.e said:

When reaching the payments page an "error" popup is shown. Just saying "error".

Check the error log and paste any latest errors here.

1 minute ago, Bart.e said:

No further errors are shown in the log.

All errors are always logged, just in different logs. Check other logs for any related errors.

Ok this is the error in apache opencart error when i receive it during checkout.

[Tue Jun 23 14:39:37.547037 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 8809:tid 140662554109696] [client 192.168.3.1:50457] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getMethod() on null in /var/www/html/opencart/catalog/controller/checkout/payment_method.php:53\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-_home_bart_opencartstorage_modification_system_engine_action.php(82): ControllerCheckoutPaymentMethod->index()\n#1 /var/www/html/opencart/catalog/controller/startup/router.php(25): Action->execute(Object(Registry))\n#2 /var/www/html/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-_home_bart_opencartstorage_modification_system_engine_action.php(82): ControllerStartupRouter->index()\n#3 /home/bart/opencartstorage/modification/system/engine/router.php(68): Action->execute(Object(Registry))\n#4 /home/bart/opencartstorage/modification/system/engine/router.php(57): Router->execute(Object(Action))\n#5 /var/www/html/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_framework.php(173): Router->dispatch(Object(Action), Object(Action))\n#6 /var/www/html/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php(105): require_once('/var/www/html/o......\n', referer: https://www.premiumbbq.be/afrekenen

2 hours ago, Bart.e said:

Fixed this one already. In the file and at the line mentioned in the error replace the string with this:

lastRules['<?php echo $valuetype; ?>'] = <?php echo count(${$valuetype}) + 1; ?>;

1 minute ago, Bart.e said:

Ok this is the error in apache opencart error when i receive it during checkout.

This one's not related to my extension, it doesn't call getMethod() function anywhere.

14 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

Fixed this one already. In the file and at the line mentioned in the error replace the string with this:

lastRules['<?php echo $valuetype; ?>'] = <?php echo count(${$valuetype}) + 1; ?>;

So i add 

instead of 

<?php echo $column_left; ?>

?

16 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

This one's not related to my extension, it doesn't call getMethod() function anywhere.

If i disable the compatibility module all works fine. Probably in conflict with another module?

49 minutes ago, Bart.e said:

So i add 

instead of 

<?php echo $column_left; ?>

?

Wrong file.

ok, that was obviously my stupid fault.. i can add a new rule fine now. Thank you.

For the other problem.. i just disabled all vqmod and cleared vqmod cache still the same. What can i do more?

More like it revealed an issue, which always existed, but was hidden. Judging from the error stack, there's a payment method, which is corrupted. Maybe there's a leftover file from the previous OC version, which you have to delete. Anyway, check your payment method models in:

catalog/model/payment/
catalog/model/extension/payment/

One of the methods causing the issue.