The Krotek Support Forum
Ron

Joomla Username for Super User not Working..

Hello,

When a registered member logs in at they shout his author name is his joomla username thats is okay.

But when i log in as Super User then they author name is not my Joomla username it is a random name and i can also change the name.

In case of permissions, I have disable Name change for super user but that does not work either.

It would be nice if I also automatically have my own Joomla user name as a super user.

Regards,

Ron

No thats not they problem! Name remembered ist not they issue in this problem.

Registered user ----> Get his own username from Joomla when they login at the site en shout.
Super user --------> Get not his own username and must change its name to the correct name manually

I have the manually rights oke in they chat and also in they module.

1. Login as registered user ronnie test

reg-user-ron.png.be72e66992e07b86b5c879cf78e89666.png

2. You can see thats name ronnie test in shout and thats okay

reg-shout.png.279ebfe60b8d1ed138457cbf906289b8.png

3. Login as Super User Ronnie Joomla

sup-user-ron.png.3fec3bc6dd8bccd8be99ffeaf346de1a.png

4. You can see thats name Ronnie Joomla is not visible but a name of shout system and i want my own Super username.
sup-shout.png.a4f04455cf738cfc3e3aa58e27bfcdc2.png

Okay i can change name Emily in Ronnie Joomla but when i go to other page and i come back at shoutbox page i have to type my own user name agian!

Greatings Ron

Same reply: name is remembered. Emily is a name, which was given to you, when you were logged out. When you login, name stays. This is very useful, when someone starts chatting as a guest and then logs in - he doesn't need to change the name and everybody in the chat remember the name.

Hello Krotek,

This have nothing to do with name remembered!

Same reply from my: Registered user ----> Get his own username from Joomla when they login at the site en shout.
                                      Super user --------> Get not his own username and must change its name to the correct name manually
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i login as Administrator* i get my Joomla username Nick1
1 minute later i log out as Administror Nick1
And then 1 minute later i login as  Auteur* and i get my Joomla username Max1
1 minute later i log out as Auteur Max1
And then 1 minute later i login as Blog Schrijver* i get my Joomla username Ham1
1 minute later i log out as Blog Schrijver Ham1
And then 1 minute later i login as Beheerder* i get my Joomla username Ric1 So for so good!!!!

And now comes the problem.

1 minute later i log out as Beheerder Ric1
And then 1 minute later i login as Super User and i get random name and i must change my name to the right one.

Al they usergroups* which I mentioned here above becomes their one Joomla username automatically and a Super User not the must enter his username manually very strange!

The manually Super User name stays for so lang logged in, when i log out and 10 minutes later i come back in the shout they name from 10 minutes ago is gone.

But from your response I understand that this is normal so we can not come to a solution.

I want to thank you for your support and have a nice evening.

Greatings Ron

Yes, shout author names are processed properly and assigned, when you first visit the site with shoutbox. If you're a guest, then you will be assigned a random name, which later will be remembered. You will have to change it manually no matter what. This is intentional behavior, which has a logic behind it.