The Krotek Support Forum
Erik Thiart

Invision footer

Glad to found this site.

I have a forum here: https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/ which I wan to move across to invision.

Problem is I want to have a header and footer block like I do currently.

How difficult is the code for invision and do they allow you to remove the copyright?

IPS Community is coded using PHP, so it's not too hard, if you can code. As for copyright removal, well... you can pay them for this or you can do this yourself, by some coding. Again, certain skills are required to do this.

Meh, PHP ain't a problem for me, I should have phrased my question better - is it possible to create a child theme and make these kind of edits?

I do not want to start creating custom modules and then have it overwritten when a new update is published. 

(I currently use myBB and phpBB so I might be stuck in the mindset of how they do things and this might come off as a stupid question from your perspective as a invision user).

--
PS: Where is your forum hosted, I have used a few invision forums and they all feel dog slow to me, but I am not sure if it is because I sit in Cape Town and your forum and the invision demo forum sits in the other side of the world. To clarify, is sluggishness a known invision thing or is it just due to me sitting 400ms away and if I do a self-hosted solution this side my users should not experience it?

I believe you can hide copyright with CSS. Can't be easier and upgrade friendlier. Same probably can be done with header and footer.

If you want to edit templates, then you can install custom theme or copy the default one. IPS Community is quite good with keeping custom changes.

IPS Community is a lot more superior than any other forum engine. It is also constantly evolving and becoming better every year. I use it for about 10 years already and absolutely happy about it.