The Krotek Support Forum
The Shadow

OK posting mystery

We have a bit of a mystery. The post in the attached file is an article. When posting to ok.ru logs show as sucess. But there is no post number and the post does not appear.

We have tried with word limit of 300 and 450 but no change. Facbook, vK and twitter work, the return a post number, also when the post contains an image.

other posts on OK do work and return a post number.

Any idea what can be wrong.

okupost.txt

That's weird... When crossposting was successful, then post ID is returned, which in your case is missing. But this means, that no error was returned either, so for not it's hard to say, what exactly is wrong.

Skip this article and see, how it will work with other ones. Right now this is the only article, which wasn't posted, others seem fine. Such things may happen, sometimes without any good reason.

It seems that there is a post limit on big text.If we take away all except the first sentence the article does post.Perhps there is a limit that is not retuning an error.

Yes, I remember this. When I was working on version 4.0, I tried to figure out the character limit for OK. There's nothing about it in documentation and nobody knows the number. It looks like there's no official limit, but API still has some character limitation and simply fails, when you exceed it. No errors returned and no posting were made, which is exactly your case.

Crossposting report is a bit confusing in this part. It should say something like "Unknown issue happened, nothing was posted, no error returned". I'll add this message in the next update.

I have been checking the API. Do not worry I am way too lazy, I mean busy, to write code myself. But I noticed with my

limited Russian that the API seems to be based on message sharing. On this there is a limit, it is  230 or 250 charaters.

As I am testing if I find the correct limit I will tell.

On 20.03.2018 at 1:21 AM, The Krotek said:

In OK mediatopic.post method is used and no info provided in documentation about character limit.

So what next? 

From the other post I noticed to limit posting to 1000 characters. Is the limit field in words or characters? I tried several options but even 300 or 250 do not work.

Please check and if limit is in words fix in next update.

4 minutes ago, The Shadow said:

From the other post I noticed to limit posting to 1000 characters. Is the limit field in words or characters? I tried several options but even 300 or 250 do not work.

So what exactly happens, when you set Post Limit to 250-300 characters? What does your report say?

5 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

So what exactly happens, when you set Post Limit to 250-300 characters? What does your report say?

Same thing, success but no post number. I did notice in the log when a post goes it gives post number, when not it only tells success.

Just tried it on the text from this page (last 5 paragraphs with headlines at the bottom), which is roughly 4500 characters. Text was posted successfully, post ID returned. An the best part: ALL characters were posted. This means, that there's no 1000 characters limit in OK.

But there's indeed a minor issue with post limit: it doesn't work for networks, which don't have character limit for titles and post text.

Guess, you need to check your OK settings once more and even reset the network. Make sure you're posting to your own group and access token (session) is not expired. Also check again your OK application and see, if all necessary permissions were given.

If it won't help add in components/com_socialcrossposting/helpers/api.php file BEFORE this line (should be at 171):

$result = $this->getError($network, $curl, $response);

This code:

var_dump($response);

It will display right on screen OK response contents, which might contain additional info. For me it displayed only successful results, not a single error or missing data.

A new version is ready to be released. If you added var_dump() function, like I previously advised, and was able to reproduce the issue with OK, please, share the contents of var_dump() display on top of the crossposting report. It might contain some useful info.

I've tested OK multiple times and every time it worked perfectly. Post Limit now also works properly.

Since you didn't report me back, I released a new version. This topic is closed.

If you still have the issue describe above enable Debug option in extension settings, try to post again - crossposting.log file will be created in components/com_socialcrossposting folder. Create new topic and attach contents of this log or copy/paste them in Pastebin.com.