The Krotek Support Forum
Steffi

A few ideas

Hi,

I have two Ideas for the next Version if Smart Shoutbox Chat.

-        Is it possible to integrate a Function to delete Attachments from Database? If all Shouts will be deleted there still the Attachments with ID in Database and the Attachments will added to Shouts with same ID.

-        Very interesting for me is a “Who is online” Module to show Visitors (Members) at Mainpage in a Module.

Greeting Steffi

1 hour ago, Steffi said:

-        Is it possible to integrate a Function to delete Attachments from Database? If all Shouts will be deleted there still the Attachments with ID in Database and the Attachments will added to Shouts with same ID.

It's actually a bug, not an idea. I completely forgot to add this, when changed. how attachments are saved in database. Will fix it in next update.

1 hour ago, Steffi said:

-        Very interesting for me is a “Who is online” Module to show Visitors (Members) at Mainpage in a Module.

There's a generic Who's Online module, which comes with Joomla package. You can put it anywhere you want.

Hello,

there is a misunderstanding. I do not mean a Who is online module for the complete page. I would like a module to indicate who, say in the last twenty minutes, was online on the chat page. I have no idea if you can use the Joomla module in this way. Some time ago I had a chat that had such a module and showed the users if someone is active in the chat, I wish that again. I run a small retro style community, in the past many chats had such an ad. In the last few years, I have tried pretty much every available classic Joomla chat, all with regular use have serious quirks. Smart Schoutbox makes a very good impression as a chat so far.

Where we are already on the subject of wishes for a new version. Maybe you could also incorporate a color management or different skins with light and dark colors. I suffer from an eye disease that makes it difficult to read on a white background, with dark backgrounds I get along much better.

Greeting Steffi

10 hours ago, Steffi said:

there is a misunderstanding. I do not mean a Who is online module for the complete page. I would like a module to indicate who, say in the last twenty minutes, was online on the chat page. I have no idea if you can use the Joomla module in this way. Some time ago I had a chat that had such a module and showed the users if someone is active in the chat, I wish that again. I run a small retro style community, in the past many chats had such an ad. In the last few years, I have tried pretty much every available classic Joomla chat, all with regular use have serious quirks. Smart Schoutbox makes a very good impression as a chat so far.

Well, all chat members are Joomla users, so it doesn't actually make sense to create a stand alone module for this. It's not a classic chat, the concept itself is a bit different here. It's a component, which fully integrates into framework and uses ts routines, user database and other stuff. Short version: it's absolutely impossible to define, which users are active in shoutbox and which are not. There's no difference between Joomla users and chat users.

10 hours ago, Steffi said:

Where we are already on the subject of wishes for a new version. Maybe you could also incorporate a color management or different skins with light and dark colors. I suffer from an eye disease that makes it difficult to read on a white background, with dark backgrounds I get along much better.

You can colorize and change the layout of every shoutbox element using CSS. I've added a distinctive class to every possible element. This will be a global update though, not per user. If you want a per user changes, the only way is to add a CSS to your browser. I simply don't have time to create multiple skins, it's very time consuming.