Christopher Fitzgerald

post data missing error

Hi,

Any page I place the shoutbox module on my site does not load and stays white.

When I look in the back end I see the attached error.

License check failed: post data is missing or empty.

I still have 3 weeks left on my license.

Can I extend my license automatically?

Can I backup all my shouts?

Will anything be lost in extension of a license?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

shoutboxerror.png

We've changed version and license checking algorithm and not all extensions were updated yet. I've just updated Smart Shoutbox, it should now check version and license fine. You can simply redownload it and install on top.

2 hours ago, The Krotek said:

We've changed version and license checking algorithm and not all extensions were updated yet. I've just updated Smart Shoutbox, it should now check version and license fine. You can simply redownload it and install on top.

redownloaded and installed on top. It didnt work and now the options page does not load in the backend.

is it v3.0.3 I should be downloading?

If I remove and reinstall will I lose all shouts? I have 30,000 shouts that I would like to keep.

I rechecked and no, you can't get this error anymore, sorry. Even tried it on random existing order ID - worked perfectly.

Re-download again, clean the cache etc. It now works fine.

6 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

I rechecked and no, you can't get this error anymore, sorry. Even tried it on random existing order ID - worked perfectly.

Re-download again, clean the cache etc. It now works fine.

I am sorry but it is not working. Cleared all the cache. Can I be test another key? Can I purchase another and put it in. Where can I find my key details?

The key (order ID) absolutely doesn't matter here. If license ID is wrong, a corresponding error message will be displayed.

This particular error can be returned ONLY if you're using old version with outdated checking routine. Right now on our server an updated version is uploaded, you can't download another one. And I checked with the version DOWNLOADED RIGHT FROM SERVER - all works fine. I tested it MULTIPLE TIMES.

Somehow you still downloading/installing outdated version, which is not on our server anymore.

There is a slight chance, that old file is cached on your server. Such things happen from time to time. Try to completely uninstall extension and remove its files - might help. All your shouts will remain.

9 hours ago, The Krotek said:

There is a slight chance, that old file is cached on your server. Such things happen from time to time. Try to completely uninstall extension and remove its files - might help. All your shouts will remain.

Indeed it did. Thank you.

I am now getting the following error:

License check failed: order not found. Check your license ID.

I copy and pasted the id before I uninstalled shoutbox so I presume my backup is right but I can't remember where to access it from my purchase 6 months ago to verify. I purchased another 6 months order 3972 to try and get up and running but alas it is waiting for approval. 

42 minutes ago, The Krotek said:

You were always able use order ID as well as download key. We got rid of download key, so now it's order ID only, which is much more simple.

ok that was the confusion. Thank you for your time and patience. 

I am back up and running now but the issue was with the shouts. Wherever I published the module the page it was on would not load and just give a white screen.

I noticed this white screen also happened when I would chose to view all shouts on one page in the back end.

I had to unpublish my main category which had 28000 shouts and create a new one. And sure enough it worked.

Might be something to note for the future.

On a side note I love shoutbox and it is so useful for my business. 28,000 comments in 6 months says it all.

9 minutes ago, Christopher Fitzgerald said:

I am back up and running now but the issue was with the shouts. Wherever I published the module the page it was on would not load and just give a white screen.

I noticed this white screen also happened when I would chose to view all shouts on one page in the back end.

I had to unpublish my main category which had 28000 shouts and create a new one. And sure enough it worked.

When you uninstall extension, its settings are lost. All the rest is save in separate database tables and should be restored, when you install extension again. Same goes to shoutbox module, which has a category selection option. Basically, you need to simply reproduce your previous setup and clean every possible cache (modules are cached), that's it.

By the way, I'm planning to release an update this month, so it's a good time to share your ideas or improvements. Since you have lots of experience using it, maybe you also have some feedback from your customers or have your own thoughts.

This will be a major update (version 3.1), mostly admin related, but a few bigger things might be implemented on front-end as well.

Right now I only plan to add custom options support, which will work both on admin and front-end, and Collapse/Expand button for module. The rest are just admin improvements, yet pretty noticeable ones.