Neat and easy to use component, which allows your users to login with their accounts in different social networks. It has lot of options to suit all your possible needs, including custom avatars and profile links.
- Available networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram, VKontakte, Mail.ru, Odnoklassniki
- Easy installation and setup. Must read the instructions though!
- All social networks can be merged with existing Joomla account.
- User social connections stored in database, which allows to quick login from any location.
- Requests user's email, if certain social network doesn't provide it.
- Custom avatar and profile link from different community components (JomSocial, CB, Kunena etc.) can be set instead of network's default.
- Optionally display standard login form along with social icons.
- Connections journal, where you can remove any social network connection for any user.
- No monthly costs! No user limits! Not dependent on any library!
- Absolutely fault safe from any popup blockers or tabbed windows.
- Any other network can be added by your request!
Why is it better, than other similar extensions?
There're lot of extensions with similar functionality nowadays, but in most cases they are either awkward or have ridiculous limitations. For example, OneAll and LoginRadius, which have its mods for Joomla, allow you to have only small number of connections for free and the rest is billed monthly. There're other limitations as well, including providers number and layout customization. Social Authorization component doesn't have any limitations and can be customized any way you like. It also doesn't depend on any external library and works with network APIs directly, which greatly increases stability and control. No more problems with popup blockers and tabbed windows.
You can find social network icons on any page of our site, down below above Smart Shoutbox module. Don't be shy, click any icon you like and test, how it works!
Compatibility: 2.5 & 3.0
Frequently asked questions
Please, read the list of most popular questions below, before you ask for support. It'll save all of us some time.
I don't know, how to setup your extension! Nothing works!
This is why we, developers, usually write instructions. You'll find them at the bottom of this page.
I don't have PayPal. Can I pay you some other way?
No, we only accept payments via PayPal.
How can I re-download purchased extensions?
Just login with your credentials and click Profile link in top menu. On the next page you'll see My Orders section.
I have a custom template. Will your extension fit it?
It can not, but we'll gladly help you with this. Just send us a tell.
Are there any better extensions that yours?
I have an idea and want to share it...
Sure, feel free to tell us, what's on your mind. However we can't guarantee you, that your idea will be accepted right away.
Please, read the instructions below before enabling this extension. This extension was tested a thousand times and we assure you, it DOES work.
Step 1: Installation and settings
Install extension as usual and setup desired services.
Go here, click "Apps" button at the top and choose "Create a New App" menu item. Enter application name, choose category and click "Continue". In application settings click "Add platform", choose "Website" and enter your site URL. Save application. Now get App ID and App Secret on the same page and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable Facebook login.
Go here and create new application. Fill all the fields and put this as Callback URL:
Now take Consumer Key and Consumer Secret and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable Twitter login.
Now get Client ID and Client Secret and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable Google login.
Go here and create application. Fill the bunch of info according to your liking, save application, open again and look for OAuth Keys. Grab API Key and Secret Key on application page and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable LinkedIn login.
Go here, click "Register a New Client" button and fill out the form. Enter application name, site address and put this as OAuth redirect_uri:
Save app, take Client ID and Client Secret and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable Instagram login.
Go here and create new application. Choose Web-Site as type, enter name, site address and base domain. On the next page get Application ID and Secret Key and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable VKontakte login.
Go here and create new site (not application). Enter name and site address and click Continue. On the next page download receiver.html file, put it to yoursite.com/receiver.html and click Continue. Now get Application ID, Private Key and Secret Key and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable Mail.ru login.
Go here, register as a developer and wait until you request is approved. Now go to your applications page (Games ->My Uploaded Games) and click "Add App", choose "External application" and fill the form completely (including image links!). You'll receive email shortly (never EVER delete it, because there's no way to get application data any other way!). Get Application ID, Public Key and Secret Key from email and enter them in corresponding fields in component settings. Enable Odnoklassniki login.
If you've done everything right, you'll be able to login via any listed network without any problems.
Step 2: Additional info
Please, note the information below:
- You MUST set $live_site variable in your Joomla configuration.php file, otherwise you'll get wrong redirect URLs.
- Note, that URL with and without www means A LOT for most networks.
- If something doesn't work, triple check your extension and applications settings and permissions.
- This extension may stop to work, if network's developers will change something in their API. In this case, wait for the next update.
Step 3: Enjoy