Search Content Advanced 2.4.0
A great replacement for standard Сontent Search plugin. Advanced version allows you to exclude or include certain categories and articles from search results, limit them by archived or featured articles, search in article titles only and more.
- Greatly improved and simplified searching algorithm, comparing to standard Joomla content search plugin.
- Search in article text, category name, author name and article title (name and title are optional).
- Exclude categories from search results or include only certain categories (or do both).
- Exclude articles from search results or include only certain articles (or do both).
- Search areas selection (all, archived, featured, authors or titles only) in front-end for more user friendly experience.
- Show or hide "Articles" or "Archived" label before category title in search results.
- Display article image as thumbnail in search results (see instructions on how to enable this).
- And all other stuff the standard Joomla content search plugin can do.
Try to search for the word "duck" on our site. You'll get several articles, some with thumbnail to the left of the title.
Compatibility: 2.5 & 3.0
IF YOU LIKE THIS EXTENSION OR FIND IT USEFUL, PLEASE, LEAVE A REVIEW ON JED!
Here's what our customers say about this extension...
Reviews for Search Content Advanced
Set up and Use easy with no issues.
Search that takes it to the next level
It works straight out of the box. Easy and fast. Just the job! Thanks.
Work as advertised
This little plugin work as advertised and easy to use.
Excellent ! this extension is exactly what I needed : simple and it works. You can use any module based on native joomla search engine to display the results. Thanks !!!
If you like our extension, you may leave a review to it, using a form below. All fields are mandatory.
- ADDED: Article Authors option in extension's settings to search in article author names.
- ADDED: Display Authors Area option in extension's settings to allow customers to limit search results to author names.
- ADDED: Display article author name in search results (see instructions on how to enable this).
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- ADDED: Extra option in plugin settings to make search case sensitive or not (experimental feature).
- CHANGED: Search limit now applies for resulting array, not for SQL query, which improves search results.
- FIXED: Search query returned wrong results, when categories or articles were excluded/included.
- ADDED: Display article image as thumb in search results (see instructions on how to enable this).
- ADDED: Search areas selection (archived, features, titles only) in front-end for more user friendly experience.
- FIXED: Standard content search plugin not disabled on the first search request (only on the second one).
- Simplified article selection in admin — now it's similar to categories selection.
- Greatly improved and simplified search algorithm, which still follows all Joomla standards.
- Major code optimization.
- ADDED: Option to search in titles only.
- Minor tweaks.
- Initial release.
Support for all our extensions is absolutely free, excluding installation, setup, CSS incompatibilities or any customizations. If you have any issues with one of our extensions, got an idea or pre-purchase questions, feel free to contact us via email given below.
You may also use our support forum for the same purposes. Don't forget to include error messages (if any) or screenshots with them in your support request or forum post.
Please, DO NOT create ANY videos for your support requests — this is the worst possible way to describe an issue. Send ONLY plain text or screenshots.
Please, DO NOT send access credentials to your server or back-end of your site until specifically asked to. We will ask for them ourselves, when it is absolutely necessary.
We'll be happy to help you!
Apart from free support we offer paid services: installation, setup or any kind of customization. These services are paid on per hour basis: 10 EUR / hour, 20 EUR minimal payment. If you're not able to install or setup any extension or require customization, contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All paid services provided only after full payment and are non-refundable. Negotiated price is always final and will not change, even if we spend more or less time with your task.
NOTE: Joomla 2.5 support is considered as customization and not free. It should be paid on a regular basis (see above).
Please, read the list of most popular questions below, before you ask for support. It'll save all of us some time.
I don't know, how to setup your extension! Nothing works!
This is why we, developers, usually write instructions. You'll find them at this very page.
I don't have PayPal or credit card. Can I pay you some other way?
No, we only accept payments via PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
How can I re-download purchased extensions?
Just login with your credentials and visit Profile -> My Orders, where you'll find all your orders.
I have a custom template. Will your extension fit in it?
It might not fit, but try to help you with this. Feel free to contact us, if you have any issues or questions.
Will you help me adjust layout of your extension to my site's template?
We don't do any styling or templating, however all out extensions are highly customizable and can be adjusted to any template via CSS.
Will I have access to upgrades and support after purchase?
Every purchased extension has 180 days of absolutely free support and upgrades. Feel free to contact us, if you have any issues or questions.
Are there any better extensions than yours?
I have an idea and want to share it...
Sure, feel free to tell us, what's on your mind. However we can't guarantee you, that your idea will be accepted right away.