Smart Board 2.0.1
This component creates a "mirror" of your IP.Board based forum in Joomla with basic functions. The main purpose of this extension is to provide access to all forum topics and posts without leaving Joomla (lite bridge).
- Gives you the opportunity to use the best forum engine available — IP.Board — on your Joomla site.
- Uses IP Board API for better compatibility. NEW!
- Respects all IP.Board forum and group permissions to view, delete, edit, post and all other available actions.
- Syncs user passwords between Joomla and IP.Board (optional). NEW!
- Automatic registration for both Joomla and IP.Board on first login (optional). NEW!
- Available actions: edit global announcement, reply, delete, open, close and merge topics, edit topic titles, delete and merge posts (multi-moderation supported). NEW!
- Customizable WYSIWIG editor and text parser.
- Much easier to use, than IP Board itself. Great for communities with common folk without IT-geeks.
- Nice looking neutral layout, that fits most templates without any CSS editing.
- Search plugin to search IP.Board topics and posts. NEW!
You can see the working Smart Board here. It mirrors our support forum.
Compatibility: 2.5 & 3.0
IF YOU LIKE THIS EXTENSION OR FIND IT USEFUL, PLEASE, LEAVE A REVIEW ON JED!
Here's what our customers say about this extension...
Reviews for Smart Board
If you like our extension, you may leave a review to it, using a form below. All fields are mandatory.
2.0.2 (Upcoming release)
- FIXED: Table prefixes missing in some SQL queries.
- Minor bug fixes.
- ADDED: Check for new posts since last visit and redirection to first unread post or last topic post.
- FIXED: Merged posts deleted instead of merging.
- FIXED: Quotes incorrectly parsed on reply.
- FIXED: User plugin passes wrong user data on IP Board member creation.
- FIXED: User plugin not properly authorizes member in Smart Board sometimes.
- FIXED: Successful authentication in Joomla sometimes not remembered properly.
- Greatly improved links and images parser.
- Increased compatibility with other extensions.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Extension renamed to Smart Board and partially prepared for future expansion to Joomla native forum.
- ADDED: IP Board API is used to post replies, parse text, get member info etc.
- ADDED: Replies now properly fire notification emails to all topic subscribers.
- ADDED: Announcement can now be edited inline.
- ADDED: Topic titles can now be edited inline.
- ADDED: Topics and posts can now be deleted and merged (multi-moderation supported).
- ADDED: Topics can now be closed or opened (multi-moderation supported).
- ADDED: Customizable editor.
- ADDED: Better user syncing, including validation.
- ADDED: New modern looking and more neutral layout.
- ADDED: Pathway moved to breadcrumbs completely.
- ADDED: Better Joomla 3.3.0 compatible router and more flexible menu items.
- ADDED: Joomla search plugin to search in Smart Board topics and posts. You don't need to switch to full version for that anymore!
- FIXED: All forum settings now properly taken from IP.Board itself.
- FIXED: Browser title and page heading not displayed correctly.
- FIXED: Pagination related issues.
- FIXED: Permissions related issues.
- FIXED: Database error, when username contains non-Latin characters on login.
- Text parser was greatly improved.
- HUGE amount of bugs fixed and code GREATLY optimized.
- All CSS classes renamed, some deleted and added.
- Some language strings removed, changed and added.
- Uninstall previous version completely before upgrade! They are absolutely not compatible!
- NEW: Automatic registration, login and logout of Joomla users.
- NEW: Sync IP.Board and Joomla passwords.
- Better HTML-tag parser.
- Tons of bugs fixed.
- New optimized code. Now 100% MVC compatible.
If you have any issues with one of our extensions, got an idea or pre-purchase questions, feel free to contact us via email given below.
You may also use our support forum for the same purposes. Don't forget to include error messages (if any) or screenshots with them in your support request or forum post.
Please, do NOT create ANY videos for your support requests — this is the worst possible way to describe an issue. Send ONLY plain text or screenshots.
We'll be happy to help you!
Please, read the list of most popular questions below, before you ask for support. It'll save all of us some time.
I don't know, how to setup your extension! Nothing works!
This is why we, developers, usually write instructions. You'll find them at this very page.
I don't have PayPal or credit card. Can I pay you some other way?
No, we only accept payments via PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
How can I re-download purchased extensions?
Just login with your credentials and visit Profile -> My Orders, where you'll find all your orders.
I have a custom template. Will your extension fit in it?
It might not fit, but try to help you with this. Feel free to contact us, if you have any issues or questions.
Will you help me adjust layout of your extension to my site's template?
We don't do any styling or templating, however all out extensions are highly customizable and can be adjusted to any template via CSS.
Will I have access to upgrades and support after purchase?
Every purchased extension has 180 days of absolutely free support and upgrades. Feel free to contact us, if you have any issues or questions.
Are there any better extensions than yours?
I have an idea and want to share it...
Sure, feel free to tell us, what's on your mind. However we can't guarantee you, that your idea will be accepted right away.