• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

A replacement for standard Сontent Search plugin. Advanced version allows you to slightly customize search results, excluding or including certain categories and articles or limit search in article titles only.

Get more information and buy extension here.

#2 cyberwizzard

cyberwizzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Is it possible to have an instance of the plugin per search page? I am trying to set up a multi-site situation where the landing page switches templates and menus to 'hide' the fact that its actually one Joomla installtion and so far its failing misirably as the search bleeds content between sites. With your component I can get my main site to just serve results for that bit but as far as I can see I can not have another Advanced Content Search for the sub-sites.

#3 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

cyberwizzard, if you can do this with standard search plugin, then it's possible with mine as well.

#4 cyberwizzard

cyberwizzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

As far as I know this is not possible with the standard plugin so I guess I am out of luck there.

#5 donna

donna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

I cannot get the plugin to display a search icon on the article. I installed your plugin. Then I disabled joomla search [smart search]). In the configuration options i selected only one category for it to work with. There is only one article in that category. The plugin does not display.

I am using joomla 2.5.11.

Do you have any suggestions?

Attached Files

#6 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

donna, I didn't get you at all. Which icon? How does smart search related?

#7 donna

donna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

I mean that nothing shows up to search with. the plugin does not display. Smart Search only relates in that I disabled it.

#8 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

donna, you don't have to disable Smart Search, because this plugin is not for smart searching. It's a replacement for standard search plugin.

#9 Eisele

Eisele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hi,

does Search Content Advanced work also with Joomla 3.2.3?

greetz

Eisele

#10 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

Eisele, untill Joomla developers change something in search engine, this extension will work.

#11 rebecca9

rebecca9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

May I know if it can support the multicategories of the extension "flexicontent"?

#12 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

rebecca9, it's a CONTENT plugin, not Flexicontent. So no support.

#13 bongobongo

bongobongo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

I want to buy your Search Content Advance plugin, but before I do so I need to get an answer to my question.

I currently override the output the from the standard search content plugin (Joomla 2.5.19), by having a custom 

default_results.php file in my template folder: "/templates/beez_20/html/com_search/search/"

My question is simply this:

will my custom default_results.php file be grabbed when I use your search plugin?

#14 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

bongobongo, how could I know that? I have absolutely no idea, how badly you customized the output. So absolutely no guarantees.

#15 bongobongo

bongobongo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Krotek ... you said:
"...I have absolutely no idea, how badly you customized the output. .." 

I do not understand what you mean by that line...

I'm using standard Joomla override procedure, for the standard search plugin.

Is it so weird that I ask you if that standard override file, will work against your plugin or not?

Maybe you did not understand my question, or maybe I did not understand your answer.

#16 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

bongobongo, you said, that you customized default_results.php, so I answered you, that I have no idea, how badly you did it thus can not guarantee anything. However, if you did it following Joomla regulations, you won't have any problems.

#17 bongobongo

bongobongo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for answering...
One last control question, I hope you can answer, before I buy your plugin:

In the default /components/com_search on Joomla 2.5, the file I copied to my template (the override file) named default_results.php,

was originally in this Joomla folder:

\components\com_search\views\search\tmpl

Does your plugin use the same file-structure as the original Joomla component?

If it does, then my guess is that I should be able to copy the same file from your component (default_results.php), 

and place it in the folder below (with the com_search changed to match the name of your extension (to enable override and custom output of the search result on the fronted):
\templates\beez_20\html\com_search\search\ 

What do you think?

#18 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

bongobongo, first: this is NOT a component, it's a plugin. Second, plugins don't have templates. Ever. You won't have to copy or modify anything.

#19 Don

Don

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

I just purchased Advanced Search. I've enabled it in the Plugins Manager. I want to use it in certain pages to provide a Search Button limited to a specific Category. It would seem I need a Module that invokes the Advanced Search plugin, so I can specify position and Menu Assignment for the Module. But how do I create a Module of Type "Search" that accesses the new Advanced Search plugin?

#20 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Don, any module will have access to any search plugin, no matter what. You don't need to do anything special.

#21 Don

Don

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for your assurance. I apologize for my naive questions. I thought I should be able to create a "New" Module, that would have the type "contentadvanced" since the Advanced Search plugin shows that as its "element" type in the Plugin Manager. But when I click "New" in the Module manager, I get a long list of possible types that includes "search" (the default Joomla search plugin) but nothing that I can identify as the new Advanced Content Search for a type. How do I create a Module that will invoke the new plugin?

#22 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

Don, just choose "Search" from "list of possible types", that's all.

#23 Don

Don

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Thanks again. I am finally recognizing that the requirement is to disable the default search plugin (along with the newsfeed etc. search plugins)  so that the only option when the new Module of type 'search' is created is the Advanced Search plugin. I've done this and created the module. I don't see how to confirm that the actual plugin it has chosen is the new Advanced Content Search plugin, although that must be what it is using.  But much worse than that: when I search using the new module, with no restrictions, filters, just searching the entire site, it finds a small fraction (4 of 32) of instances of the searched-for word. What could I be doing wrong?

#24 Don

Don

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Ooops. My mistake. I left "Titles Only" on. I was not expecting that to be the default. Now working.

#25 The Krotek

The Krotek

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

I am finally recognizing that the requirement is to disable the default search plugin

This is written in extension's manual. You only need to disable standard search plugin, that's all. They actually CAN work together, but you'll get unpredictable results. So we recommend to disable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: joomla, plugins, search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users